Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
grr not again

roaccutane and relapses

hi all

won't bore you with my acne history but i took a course of roaccutane around 9 years ago when i was 28. cleared up my face nicely and i probably used to get 1 or 2 spots a year. last oct/nov my face started getting redder and i started getting more of those lovely yellow pussy efforts. i put this down to sweating a lot as i was on a bit of a health kick at the time and read that sweat blocks pores. so i stopped the exercising and nothing really improved.

anyway my question to fellow roaccutane users is how long ago did you take it and have you suffered a relapse since?

and another thing anyone bought roaccutane privately in uk?

hi all

won't bore you with my acne history but i took a course of roaccutane around 9 years ago when i was 28. cleared up my face nicely and i probably used to get 1 or 2 spots a year. last oct/nov my face started getting redder and i started getting more of those lovely yellow pussy efforts. i put this down to sweating a lot as i was on a bit of a health kick at the time and read that sweat blocks pores. so i stopped the exercising and nothing really improved.

anyway my question to fellow roaccutane users is how long ago did you take it and have you suffered a relapse since?

and another thing anyone bought roaccutane privately in uk?

After my first course, I got 5 years totally clear, followed by slow return, but milder condition.

Took second course 10 years after first, got nearly 7 years totally clear that time, again followed by slow return, but milder still.

Depending on your relapse, you might do great with other acne treatments, or you might have to take accutane again. If you do take accutane again, you will probably get even better results the second time.

I'd talk to my dermatologist if I were you - just to see what they think and come up with a plan. Good luck.