Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mntd85

How long until side effects!?

I have just started my accutane course, how long do you guys think it will be until I notice any side-effects, chapped lips etc.

Today is my 3rd day and so far I've had no side-effects.

I am taking 80mg per day and weigh 220lbs.

Hey! Its really different for everybody. I am 160lbs and taking 40mg a day. I'm on day 11 today and I got a small breakout yesterday and i think that it might have been my inital breakout. My lips have been chapped since like day 3. Dry skin maybe day 5. I had a sore lower back starting like day 2. Good luck with everything!

I started getting muscle aches almost straight away. Dry lips/eyes and breakouts didn't come until a few weeks in though.

My lips and eyes never really returned to previous levels of moisture after my first course, and i was off it something like 15 years before my second course. Although after my second course my lips and eyes returned to the level they were in between courses, rather than them winding up even drier which was a concern for me.

my lips didn't get dry until about day 20...my skin has just started to get really dry, and i'm on day 25. some side effects i noticed within the first couple weeks - feeling irritable, back and knee pains, and and feeling tired all the time.

I started seeing my skin clear up within the first two weeks in around 130lbs and im on 60 mgs a day...

but along with that I got the dryness and the nosebleeds and almost a constant headache... and im starting to get the backaches more now, going into the second month. Either Im getting used to the dry lips, or it has lightened up a bit.. somehow I think its the first. Haha