Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
johnburke

Soap in the shower?

So Im 19, got bad back/chest acne. My face used to be terrible but its finally cleared up. Anyway...Ive always just used water in the shower...never soap. Could this be why I have all the acne? Should I start putting some on one of those body poof things (since I already have one)? Would I want to do this like every other day to avoid overdrying? After reading Ive decided Id use dove bodywash for sensitive skin. But maybe Ill try this head and shoulders thing too...whaddya think?

So Im 19, got bad back/chest acne. My face used to be terrible but its finally cleared up. Anyway...Ive always just used water in the shower...never soap. Could this be why I have all the acne? Should I start putting some on one of those body poof things (since I already have one)? Would I want to do this like every other day to avoid overdrying? After reading Ive decided Id use dove bodywash for sensitive skin. But maybe Ill try this head and shoulders thing too...whaddya think?

If your face has cleared up dont change the regimen on ur face then, but if the back and chest things are persistent then try those out, i think i've heard that sulfur based treatments can help. Its worth a shot at least to try something.

alright. would using soap on myself overdry my skin? and why is it that overdrying of the skin supposedly causes acne, therefore long showers = bad, when swimming is used to treat acne? or is that just a chlorine thing?

i know its a lot of questions...but theyre all related and someones got to know!

alright. would using soap on myself overdry my skin? and why is it that overdrying of the skin supposedly causes acne, therefore long showers = bad, when swimming is used to treat acne? or is that just a chlorine thing?

i know its a lot of questions...but theyre all related and someones got to know!

Lots of people say drying of the skin causes irritation wich in turn causes acne. I dotn mind my face being a little dry, but when it hurts to smile, and your skin begins cracking and flaking then its way too dry and you will probably get some cysts. But dont worry about your body getting over dry jsut from using soap. Everyone washes themselves with soap in the shower, so it shouldnt be too bad.