Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iofthetiger

Accutane -> Corneal Staining?

I worn contacts for a good 7 years of my life and never had serious problems with them until now. Which also happens to be the most recent check up I've had since starting accutane (I've been off it 5 months or so). I have been diagnoised with "Corneal staining" which happens from not cleaning your contacts properly, or from a very, very dry eye. I have always had eyes on the dry side, and I noticed that accurante did not help it at all, and wearing contacts for 12+ hrs a day I'm sure did not help. It is nothing too serious it seems, but I've been off of contacts for about a month now. My vision is not 20/20 nor can the doctor get my eyes to see quite close to 20/20.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know that accutane can cause some major shit to your eyes...

The plus side... my skin... is great... I can handle wearing my dorky glasses in place of having pimples :)

I never had corneal staining, but my eyes are so dry on Accutane (and post-Accutane) that the contacts literally pop out of my eye if i don't use drops every fifteen minutes or so, so i gave up on them. After my first course i could wear them again eventually, but it took years. Maybe you should consider investing in a less dorky pair of frames. :P