Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have never posted here before...ever. So I'm not sure if I put this in the right place even. If I did I'm sorry. Anyways, I just caught the end of the news and heard them mention that tea tree oil may cause breast enlargement in boys. I honestly did not hear the whole thing just the part mentioning Melaleuca Alternifolia. Obviously I'm a young guy (18 so I figured it probably doesn't concern me anyway because I never saw it mentioned on these forums before.) I just starting using tea tree oil not even a half hour before I heard this. I'm almost positively not using this stuff again cuz it almost melted my face off anyways, but I was wondering if this is true and what I could use as an alternative for dan's gel (mine still hasn't made it to me after ordering it 2 weeks ago) because I'm too afraid to even think about using the tea tree oil again.

Yeah, I saw the write up of this in the newspaper. Don't worry - it was a very rare thing and it was only with younger boys who were exposed to lotions, shampoos with tea tree oil or lavender. I

Yeah I figured. Still the stuff burned me pretty bad last night when I applied it. I mean it worked great so I'll probably just use it to spot treat. I guess I'll go back to the neutrogena on the spot cream until the DKR gel decides to come. I was thinking about coming off of benzoyl peroxide completely since my face has been clear for a couple of months and it just seems to be irritating my skin. I really don't think my skin will tolerate the amounts that the Regimen suggests you use because at that point my face would get really red and tight making me wonder if I'm allergic to it. So I'm sort of weighing my options right now. I'm pretty much open to any suggestions right now.

Yeah I figured. Still the stuff burned me pretty bad last night when I applied it. I mean it worked great so I'll probably just use it to spot treat. I guess I'll go back to the neutrogena on the spot cream until the DKR gel decides to come. I was thinking about coming off of benzoyl peroxide completely since my face has been clear for a couple of months and it just seems to be irritating my skin. I really don't think my skin will tolerate the amounts that the Regimen suggests you use because at that point my face would get really red and tight making me wonder if I'm allergic to it. So I'm sort of weighing my options right now. I'm pretty much open to any suggestions right now.

I actually ended up using the tea tree oil again and it worked out really well. I'm really starting to think my problem this whole time was the BP. I've been using it for at least 5 years and throughout my skin has been really red, uncomfortable, itchy and peely and inflamed. I was completely off of it for two days and I look a lot better especially under my neck which was the biggest problem. I haven't broken out either so I guess I'll just try this and see what happens. Really the thing that bothered me the most was the fact my skin was so irritated so since it's not anymore I should be fine. So my biggest worry right now would be randomly growing breasts lol.