Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thecolonel

Natural remedies + Help needed for shine control!

Alright, so I don't really have acne but I have very visible blackheads all over my nose and cheeks that have been there for ages. I have some pimples on the rest of my face but they usually aren't too bad.

I have tried so many things for my blackheads, but I never found any of those Biore or Neutrogena products worked.

I had a bit of a revelation the other day when I was looking at my Clearasil cleaning pads and they said that if I were to swallow them I needed to call poison control. And I thought to myself, WHY am I putting something potentially poisonous on my face?!!? It creeped me out a bit.

SO anyways, I've been trying natural stuff lately and it seems to be doing okay. I steam my face and then apply lemon juice all over, and I've been doing honey masks, egg white and lemon masks etc. It's only been a week so it's hard to judge the results yet.

However my skin seems to always be shiny :( and it's gross when it is. So I always wear foundation and powder which makes it even MORE shiny. I've tried oil blotting sheets which worked okay but not great.

Any tips on shine and blackheads?!

Thank you!!

I had a bit of a revelation the other day when I was looking at my Clearasil cleaning pads and they said that if I were to swallow them I needed to call poison control. And I thought to myself, WHY am I putting something potentially poisonous on my face?!!?

BHA is beta hydroxy acid, salicylic acid, basically your Clearsil cleansing pads active ingredient. You can make an herbal toner with naturally occurring salicylic acid to reduce shine, I do.

The recipe I use is as follows:

1 cup spring water

1 tablespoon white willow bark

1 teaspoon dried blue flag root

1/2 teaspoon birch bark

Bring the water to a boil in a non-reactive pot (mine is a ceramic coated camping pot)

add the blue flag and white willow

allow to gently simmer for 15 minutes

remove from heat

add the birch bark

let steep 15-30 minutes

strain through a finely woven metal strainer (don't use a coffee filter, leaches out too many essential properties)

Store in the fridge up to one week

Now, some of the herbs here are dangerous if taken internally as well. Personally, I like that are no unnecessary chemicals, and there is some satifaction to making it yourself - and seeing it WORK

A fantastic herbal database here

I must note though, this stuff is for the herbal enthusiast!

Have you tried baking soda in your cleanser? It works really well, although, I tried a new cleanser out the other day--not realizing it was a creamy cleanser when I bought it, and even with the baking soda added in, it broke me out. Anyway, washing with baking soda in your cleanser and toning with an organic apple cider vinegar (I wash off after a bit because the smell is just atrocious) then applying Paula Choice Remarkably Clear Skin Lightning Gel works well for red marks, blackheads, and pimples.

Alright, so I don't really have acne but I have very visible blackheads all over my nose and cheeks that have been there for ages. I have some pimples on the rest of my face but they usually aren't too bad.

I have tried so many things for my blackheads, but I never found any of those Biore or Neutrogena products worked.

I had a bit of a revelation the other day when I was looking at my Clearasil cleaning pads and they said that if I were to swallow them I needed to call poison control. And I thought to myself, WHY am I putting something potentially poisonous on my face?!!? It creeped me out a bit.

SO anyways, I've been trying natural stuff lately and it seems to be doing okay. I steam my face and then apply lemon juice all over, and I've been doing honey masks, egg white and lemon masks etc. It's only been a week so it's hard to judge the results yet.

However my skin seems to always be shiny :( and it's gross when it is. So I always wear foundation and powder which makes it even MORE shiny. I've tried oil blotting sheets which worked okay but not great.

Any tips on shine and blackheads?!

Thank you!!

TRY Bath and Body Works:

C.O. Bigelowâ„¢

Deluxe Facial Moisturizer

I don't know how well it works, I haven't tried it ... but some other girls have referred it to me when I was asking for help with shine.

The price is a bit steep ... 20 bucks! But maybe, at the store, you can ask for a sample and you can see if you like it.

Good luck baby girl! Or boy, I didn't check gender :(

LAZY BUM HERE :(