Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey i have very very flaky raw dryskin on my forehead. moisturiser seems to make it worse If any of you experience this and know how to treat it?

Well I've never had flaky skin on my forehead, but what moisturizers have you tried? You can try taking a wet washcloth and gently rub the skin to try and remove some dry skin.

3 words for ya buddy exfoliate! and moisturize!! honestly how can moisturizer make ur dry skin worse? thats like sayin drinking water makes u dehydrated. think about what ur saying. exfolitating and moisturizing did a miracle for my skin. i got pictures.

what type of moisturizer are you using, and how often? What type of wash & how often? Does anything come out of your pores if you gently squeeze them? What type of skin do you have? Have you consulted with a dermatologist and/or a good aesthetician?

I'm no expert but I know that flakey skin does not mean dry skin. Lots of different products can dry out your skin and make it flake, including some so-called moisturizers.

What they said - gently massage your skin with a towel once you are in the shower and your skin is nice and wet. You can also mix up a little baking soda with water into a paste and carefully massage that in to exfoliate. Moisturize directly afterwards with a gentle product. Even something as simple a Emu oil can help.

I have very dry skin too. I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub every night to exfoliate (the one for blackheads and acne-prone skin). About 10-15 minutes after I use that, I use cetaphil moisturizer. Works like a charm everytime.