Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rjlan

why is my skin STILL FLAKING so bad!!!

Been on regimen for about 4 months now. The so called initial flakyness is still bothering me. it's really really bad too, huge chunks of.... skin, i guess... come off my face, both in the morning and night. I have to have a broom at hand after each treatment to clean up. It's horrible!

It's not dead skin, at least i don't think it is. I only seem to "flake" after applying the bp.

Is there something i can do before applying the bp to prevent flakage?

Been on the Regimen for over 3 months and I'm also still flaky. But it's much much better since I started using Neutrogena Oil-free Acne Wash 2% Salicylic Acid. Try that (2% SA Wash) or an AHA like Glycolic Acid (8-10%).

Are you sure it's your skin flaking and not the BP? Be sure to follow the regime religously...Let the BP absorb for 15 mins then apply moisturizer.

P.S. smee: Neutrogena oil-free acne wash (2% Salicylic Acid) is very drying!! You must have tough skin + bunch of moisturizer.

I HAVEN'T WAITED 15 MINUTES

i'm always late in the morning and i just want to get to bed at night.

i will try waiting and i will see what happens. thx for pointing that out

Definitely do not include salicylic acid.

Rather, switch to an alpha hydroxy moisturizer. Eucerin Renewal is the best I have found. This will help a lot. The creamy consistency of on-the-spot makes for flake problems as well, so try to find a 2.5% bp gel and that will also help.

I cant find Eucerin anywhere!!! The only one I could find is the 10 anti wrinkle(im not old), and the one in the pink bottle that has spf 30-I bought this one and it leaves a greasy white coat all over my face like sun tan lotion, its worse then after the bp!