Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryan22nD

Does anyone wash their face in the shower? DONT

just thought i owed the people on this site that info. it made a real difference for me. i havent had even the smallest spots for ages... ( touch wood!)

Try it :D

I actually find it to be vice versa for me. I get better results and no new pimples when I wash my face in the shower. I guess everyone is different

I have a filter on my shower & so I like to wash it in there as well...anyhow, no point is getting your face wet twice. If the shower doesnt work for you, then maybe it's cuz you use hotter water in the shower than what you use for your face. I like hot showers (they just feel good!), so I have to be careful to turn the temp down when I wash my face.

I think it's fine to wash your face in the shower. The only reasons I can think of that it might not be as good as washing in the sink are that you can get shampoo/conditioner residue on your face or the heat of the water (so that the rest of your body is comfortable) might be too much for your face and dry out your skin. What I do to get around these, though, is to make sure washing my face is the very last thing I do in the shower (so that all the shampoo residue is gone if any got on my face) and to turn the water temperature down a bit while I'm doing that. Shorter showers are good, too, so you're not standing in all that steam for as long. For oily skin types the heat might be good, but for dry/sensitive skin, well, you want to keep your face away from the hot water.

I stopped washing my face in the shower as I realized that the strong force that the water hits my face with could be irritating to my skin. Also, lukewarm water is better for washing as it is less irrittating than hot water (at least for me).

I stopped washing my face in the shower as I realized that the strong force that the water hits my face with could be irritating to my skin. Also, lukewarm water is better for washing as it is less irrittating than hot water (at least for me).