Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BJ'sGuRL

question about blood tests..

hey guys, just wondering..when you have a blood test whilst on accutane, with the part where they test your liver enzymes.. if that shows up as say being in the normal range does that mean theres no damage been done to ur liver or could there still b a chance that there is something wrong there?? and also if they are "high" does this mean damage has been done to the liver?

If i understand correctly, elevations in those enzymes indicate that the liver is repairing itself from damage. High levels indicate more damage, and slight elevations indicate less damage (it's actually amazingly good at regenerating, only scarring (cirrhosis) causes permanent damage). If your numbers are in the normal range that means it's all ok, the liver is constantly repairing itself, so some enzymes are normal. If your enzymes are high, the doctor will probably want to run a more complete liver panel to see if there are also elevations in other markers.

If i understand correctly, elevations in those enzymes indicate that the liver is repairing itself from damage. High levels indicate more damage, and slight elevations indicate less damage (it's actually amazingly good at regenerating, only scarring (cirrhosis) causes permanent damage). If your numbers are in the normal range that means it's all ok, the liver is constantly repairing itself, so some enzymes are normal. If your enzymes are high, the doctor will probably want to run a more complete liver panel to see if there are also elevations in other markers.

okay thanks!!

u always come to my rescue! haha thx very much!