Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lil_charmed_qt12

Does Vasoline Help Dry Skin?? What is a good moisturizer??

As you all know it's that time of year were all the moister is sucked out of our skin because of winter. Well I'm starting to get flaky dry skin and I heard on the TV that vasoline helps...Does it?

What is a cheap moisturizer but helps?

Thanks biggrin.gif

~Melissa

Hey!

I sometimes use vasoline for my lips when they get really dry. It helps A LOT, but I don't think I would use it for your face. Maybe around your nose area if that gets dry, but Im not sure if it would be good on your face. The moisturizer that I am using right now is Cetaphil, I paid like $8 for it. I guess its not too expensive compared to some other brands. It has an SPF of 15 in it too which I really like! It seems to be working pretty good (especially b/c Im on accutane, and my skin is horribly dry)

Another moisturizer I have used, and liked a lot was the Loreal Pure Zone, and it has salicylic acid in it also, so while it moisturizes your skin, it also helps with acne.

vaseline = petroleum= clogged pores basically all it does is lay on the top layer of your skin,, doesn't really get down in there and do the trick

Murad perfecting lotion is good. Right now i'm using dove's day moisturizer with spf 15.. nice and light.. not to pricey either

A couple of quality, inexpensive moisturizer brands:

- Purpose

- Paula's Choice

Though Vaseline will help temporarily, I have heard that it will eventually dry out the skin more. You might research this to find out if it is factual.