Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been suffering with acne for years. I finally just started accutane and I've been on it for three weeks. My face was looking so good and I had no side effects ( exept dry lips) then I wake up yesterday and they're everywhere and they're huge. What the!?!? Enough already! What can I do to make them go away faster? How long will this last? When will I finally begin to see clearer skin?

I go back to derm in 9 days. He was going to move me up to 60 mg instead of the 40 mgs he started me on. Will this help make things better or will it make it worse?

I appreciate all your advice and insight.

My first initial breakout lasted about a week but still looked pretty bad for a while after when it was healing. I had an initial breakout at 40mg and then again when I upped the dosage to 60mg. Possibly you could ask you derm to perscribe you with a month long perscription of antibiotics to avoid a second intial breakout. Good luck.

i thought it wasnt good to be on both antibiotics and accutane?

mikeysmommy- i have been on tane for 3 months and ever time i was upped i broke out.dont worry it will pass.as far as making them go away faster,i would say a trip to the derm's office for some cortisone shots will bring those suckers down real fast.hope this helps.

i thought it wasnt good to be on both antibiotics and accutane?

mikeysmommy- i have been on tane for 3 months and ever time i was upped i broke out.dont worry it will pass.as far as making them go away faster,i would say a trip to the derm's office for some cortisone shots will bring those suckers down real fast.hope this helps.

I also asked my derm. about taking antibiotics while on Tane (like cephaxalin). He said no because it can cause a lot of blood pressure to the brain. But I've seen a couple of users that have taken it for the their first month. All up to the derm.

I was on Erythromycin from the 1st month while on accutane, during that time i upped from 20 to 40 without any breakout. i was just breaking out normally like i usually would.

I find that pimples seem to come & go faster when on accutane (maybe it's just me?)