Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't usually mod this forum, but I've been wandering in and out this past week or so .... and there seems to be a whole lot of squabbling going on.

The participants vary, but generally it breaks down into two factions: people who are depressed and feeling down and venting their negative feelings vs. people who are dishing out their own particular version of tough love.

Personally, I don't think tough love works in Emo. Unlike the other forums on the board, most people here aren't looking for answers or even advice per se. Most people just need to let off steam .... sometimes because this is the only place they feel safe doing that.

It's hard to feel safe when someone's being tough and telling you what THEY think is wrong with you. So I really don't think any of us should come into Emo expecting to fix people ... or to be fixed, for that matter, although there's nothing wrong with asking for advice on specific matters.

I'd like to hear what others have to say. All of this quarreling is creating a lot of negativity in the forum, and that's not what we're here for. This isn't the first time this issue has come up and I'm sure it's not the last, but I'm hoping we can get past it for the time being.

I rarely post here...mostly stay in the lounge... but sometimes I think this place is better than the lounge. Even though it gets made fun of quite often. lol. Most of the time the lounge is just insane. Here, you can really talk to ppl, or help people even. Even though it's depressing most of the time, it's a good little part of the org. in my opinion.

Yeah agreed . most emo or just plain letting off of steam or emotion posts people dont really care if others reply negativly or postitivly or not , well atleast i dont.

I've been guilty of dishing out the "tough love" but that isn't the whole story with me. Most of the time, I post here to help people out the best I can while trying to keep a cool head. Sometimes shit gets out of hand... *shrugs*

I come here to observe the inexplicable phenomenon of this forum's moderators locking every thread that managed to be amusing in any way.

Guest flutistgurl

this should be pinned. let newcomers see this as well.

I post here because I also need someone to relate to as I can't share my problems with ANYONE. When I see that other person has the same experiences and feelings that I do, I don't feel so alone and kinda makes me feel better. Don't get me wrong it still makes me feel depressed but at least I don't have to be depressed by myself.

I post here because i'm a miserable person who has given up all hope and pretty much have considered my life over.

I think I might have given advice in here like once, or twice tops. Because I always get a lot of mean replies in my threads.

I come here to observe the inexplicable phenomenon of this forum's moderators locking every thread that managed to be amusing in any way.

Oops! I didnt see this topic. I had just written a topic titled I Am In So Much Physical Pain and I put it in the Emotional and Psychological Effects of Acne also because I didnt know where else to put it. I just thought that was the best place for it. Do you have any other suggestions of where you think it could go?

occasionally i come to the emo section when i feel really down!

I like to put down my feelings and listen to what other people have to say! I'm also open for taking advice and giving it!

I post here because I need a place to vent (besides my journal, which is somewhat helpful) or else I think I am just going to crack sometimes.

I post here because I also need someone to relate to as I can't share my problems with ANYONE. When I see that other person has the same experiences and feelings that I do, I don't feel so alone and kinda makes me feel better. Don't get me wrong it still makes me feel depressed but at least I don't have to be depressed by myself.

Because pain is pain, and it helps to hear others talk about thier pain. It helps to talk others through their pain, knowing that when I need it, they will talk me through it as well.