Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ppx11

What's Working For Me...

I've had persistent mild/moderate bacne for a few years now and tried so many different things and never fully succeeded. However, this past winter I went to Italy and my mom bought some Olive Oil Bar Soap there and she said it's good for the skin. I was skeptical since I tired so much other crap before but I decided to try it and BAM! In the 3-4 weeks I've been using it, I've had like 2 small pimples and that's it. I used to get a few small pimples and a big pustule/papule/cyst a week and now I've been pretty much clear these past few weeks. My skin's looking better and my scars are fading a bit. I've also started putting on AHA Lotion after I get out of the shower so that may be helping as well. Just wanted to share my cure (hopefully permanent!!). It's just a bar of Olive Oil soap and it's a greenish color. I don't know if they sell it here since I got it in Italy but I'm sure there's olive oil soap bars in US stores.

I have yet to try it on my face since I still have mild acne on my face but if my current regimen doesn't work I plan on trying the olive oil soap on my face.

Also, a quick question.. When I first started using it in the shower, when I rinsed it off after lathering it, it was kind of a sticky feeling. I can't really describe it exactly but I've felt it before with Purpose Soap bar. It's not really sticky but my skin felt very un-oily? Haha it's too hard to explain. I don't really feel it anymore since my body's used to it but does anyone know what it was? Perhaps it was getting all the oil out of my skin or something?

I've had persistent mild/moderate bacne for a few years now and tried so many different things and never fully succeeded. However, this past winter I went to Italy and my mom bought some Olive Oil Bar Soap there and she said it's good for the skin. I was skeptical since I tired so much other crap before but I decided to try it and BAM! In the 3-4 weeks I've been using it, I've had like 2 small pimples and that's it. I used to get a few small pimples and a big pustule/papule/cyst a week and now I've been pretty much clear these past few weeks. My skin's looking better and my scars are fading a bit. I've also started putting on AHA Lotion after I get out of the shower so that may be helping as well. Just wanted to share my cure (hopefully permanent!!). It's just a bar of Olive Oil soap and it's a greenish color. I don't know if they sell it here since I got it in Italy but I'm sure there's olive oil soap bars in US stores.

I have yet to try it on my face since I still have mild acne on my face but if my current regimen doesn't work I plan on trying the olive oil soap on my face.

Also, a quick question.. When I first started using it in the shower, when I rinsed it off after lathering it, it was kind of a sticky feeling. I can't really describe it exactly but I've felt it before with Purpose Soap bar. It's not really sticky but my skin felt very un-oily? Haha it's too hard to explain. I don't really feel it anymore since my body's used to it but does anyone know what it was? Perhaps it was getting all the oil out of my skin or something?

I just got some of this. In the US, I'm sure there are many brands, but I bought the brand Kiss My Face unscented olive oil soap. The ingredients are just saponified olive oil (i guess that means "turned into soap"), water, and salt. I have only used it once, but it hasn't left my face feeling dry and tight like the Neutrogena Dry Skin Fragrance Free Bar has. I am going to keep using this for a week and see how I like it, then try out some of my others. I just bought a bunch of other "natural" & "gentle" soaps and am trying to figure out which is least drying.

Awesome. Please update with how its been working on your face later.

spottie can u plz plz plz pllz plz keep me posted on how good it works. Cuz i've seen that exact brand name and so if it works well for you maybe then i should give it a shot