Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not. Anyhow, my hair has been abnormally oily for the past two days. I can't figure out why. It was fine before that and then suddenly it began. I haven't had oily hair in ages. Are there any ways to alleviate the oil because I can't do anything with my hair and it's really aggravating. Thanks.

If your hair is SUPER DUPER oily, which mine is, and the problem is not allieviated by apple cider vinegar, wash it with DAWN dish soap.

I know that sounds weird.

I have such oily hair that it never looks completely clean after being washed. My dermatologist who attended Harvard and then Tufts University told me not to be afraid to wash with dish soap -- its the only soap made to truly "cut through oil and grease." After almost 20 years of oily hair, its the only thing with which I am truly satisfied.

you can use a talc powder which instantly gets rid of oil when needed and make sure youre not washing youre hair overly too much

Well, I've figured it out and because we've had dry, cold weather, it's probably time for a shampoo change. Plus, I've decided only to condition every other day because once I do, my hair gets oily. =/