Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BarCap

Topical + Oral of same antibiotic (is this okay?)

my doctor has me on oral erythromycin (2x250mg/day). been on it for over 2.5 months with moderate improvement...

i've read that topical erythromycin is effective, but doc won't prescribe any topicals for now (a bit strange)... so I was thinking of buying topical erythromycin on my own (from the internet). is there any danger in using the topical version while taking the oral version as well?

also, i've heard that clindamycin topical might be effective. I was thinking of alternating one day clindamycin topical, one day erythromycin topical....

any thoughts on this?

my doc perscribed me oral antis and duac, which contains an antibiotic. it can increase the chance of building resistence using both topically and orally so that could have something to do with why your doc isnt. u could ask for a topical without an antibiotics in it though, somehting with bp, sa, or a retinoid for something a bit more serious. good luck