Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
3dpimple

pores got bigger!

I noticed this morning how my pores got really big all over my face and i do not know what is causing it.

I have been using vinegar/water in the morning and at night

mandelic acid at night

jojoba oil at night

taking vitamin B5

I noticed that my face is producing more oil too. Does anyone know what could be causing it? I am thinking about stoping the vinegar since my face could be irritated. any suggestions.The pores are really noticeable from a distance.I am now learning to deal with my scars and now those big pores to mess up my head! It Sucks...

3dpimple

It's most likely the vinegar. I remember reading somewhere that this might be an initial effect of using an AHA.

3dpimple, it may be the puredeming formula due to the high amount of oils it contains (although I do understand that they are good oils snd are supposed to nourish and normalize the skin.) Still, there may be people who can't tolerate any kind of oils on their skin. Also, I'm thinking that it might be possible that the AHAs in the mandelic serum are making your pores appear larger because they are unplugging them and thus, allowing more oil to come to the surface. Do you have a prescription for Retin A Micro Gel? It's supposed to help with large pores and excess oil. I'm using it but haven't yet noticed an improvement as I have only been on it for 2 to 3 weeks. I know the vinegar can also be too harsh for some people...

I know a lot of people here have said it before, and it's true...It's "hit or miss" with a lot of these things...each of us has to determine what works best for us, as no two skins are the same.