Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Outdoorguy

MaMa Lotion working well!

Hey -- I've been using MaMa lotion for roughly 1 1/2 weeks and I -am- actually seeing a difference. My skin texture is better and has been after I've been peeling for a few days. I have bad texture/mild rolling scars.

When applying sunscreen, should I be really liberal with it? I'm not sure if I'm getting a little bit of sun, since I live in Arizona, or if it's just simply because I am slightly reddened from the acids.

I heard that in order for collagen to be produced, it's very important to apply sunscreen and not get burned. Is this true? Is a little bit of sun okay with sunscreen on?

I told you that you would be seeing some peeling. Isn't it great?

Don't know about the suncreen part, but it did make me red for a while after I peeled. I think most doctors would tell you that suncreen is always very important. I would imagine skin that has just peeled has less protection and would need more suncreen.

Hey -- I've been using MaMa lotion for roughly 1 1/2 weeks and I -am- actually seeing a difference. My skin texture is better and has been after I've been peeling for a few days. I have bad texture/mild rolling scars.

When applying sunscreen, should I be really liberal with it? I'm not sure if I'm getting a little bit of sun, since I live in Arizona, or if it's just simply because I am slightly reddened from the acids.

I heard that in order for collagen to be produced, it's very important to apply sunscreen and not get burned. Is this true? Is a little bit of sun okay with sunscreen on?

Glad you're having good luck! I used it for 6 weeks - it helped a little with some of my hyperpigmentation marks, but I think my skin had a mild allergy to it (my forehead which is always clear got really small bumps all over it). So, I stopped using it and they cleared up. My skin is ultra, ultra, ultra sensitive though so it can't tolerate many things! I would say definitely use a little sunscreen (I don't think it is necessary to 'lather' it on), but do get a little sun in moderation. Small amounts are good for the skin.