Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yozero

My Oratane Log

hi all,

Well the time has come, I now have my box of Oratane, many little red suckas to take, hopefully it can do wonders for me.

I am 21, and Have suffered from Cystic Acne since I was 16, I have left it untreated due to both embarrasment and other medical problems and suffer from many scars, It mainly affects my back with a couple on my chest, Fortunatley no cysts on my face.

So Im starting on 40mg a day which is a low dose for my weight. I weigh 251.9lb at the dermatologists so it's less than .5mg/kg, he did say after 2 months up to 80mg a day, and Apparently I will be taking it for a year.

will take my first pill at lunch, then one at dinner (20mg pills), At this stage I have some SPF 30+ chapstick, and will purchase other items as needed. keeping out of the sun as much I can.

Wish me luck

I have included some start photos....

post-49238-1170190521_thumb.jpg

post-49238-1170190404_thumb.jpg

post-49238-1170190404_thumb.jpg

post-49238-1170190521_thumb.jpg

Well, I have now taken my first day's of dose, I have noticed already I'm itchy all over, It's not constant but it's certainly noticeable, Right in the middle of my scalp, my face, arms and legs. I can only assume it's the oratane, since I only started itching after taking the pills, No other effects yet,

Hopefully I don't wake up with any :)

Good luck! My face was itchy for the first week.

Thanks for that BR123,

Well day 2 now, taken my 3rd tablet now, have woken up with a dry sore throat, no lips yet but it's a bit sore to swallow food.

What will be interesting is how it affects my weight loss, You see since May last I have really pushed changing my life hard, Hence the Oratane treatment, I was 411lbs last year, so I have lost a lot of weight and have got few niggles from that. Loose excess skin and strechmarks, but you can't change the past, so i guess i'll get use to them.

I now have to take breakfast for the pills, so my weight loss might slow down a little but I'll get there in the end. (209lbs)

I'll edit the thread later after my 4th pill if I feel any changes.

Edit, Well my throat has come good, so I'm not sure if it's Oratane related, however my Nose is irritated, it's drying up. And that definatley is Oratane, So I'm off to get some vaseline. I usually don't get nosebloods and really don't want them either :)

Cheers

Day 4

Well similar to the previous day , on day 3 I felt like very dopey and tired, with a dull headache, No dry nose tho, I have noticed a pimple on my face which I don't usually get, so I would say it's the inital breakout, definatley not too bad tho, I was rather nervous about Oratane, With all the Increased Brain pressure and possible this and that. Now knock on wood, but the Antibiotics I took affected me alot worse. I sort of want the dry lips, cause I don't know if it's working :) My knee was a little stiff on day3, nothing too bad.

Taken my 7th pill this morning, where is the dry face and lips!?

Day 5

Well, yesterday I started seeing my first visable side effect, I have a bit of peeling skin around my face, but it doesn't feel to dry at this stage, and my lips are still fine. Off to buy some moisteriser today, My eyes also feel a little irritated, like dry.

I go to bed every night and I wonder what will be waiting for me on my waking. at this stage tho, It's a been a bit of a let down side effect wise, I feared I would develop the brain pressure issue as soon as I took the pills.

So These are the side effects I have felt so far.

Mild Headaches

Tiredness

Peeling Skin on Face

Iritated Eyes

I use to suffer migranes and the headaches are no where near that.

u can get fraxel laser for stretch marks. there are some links posted in fraxel thread that showed patients who had them improve like 50 percent and one's disappeared. its also good for acne scars. but u have to wait six months to a year after finsihing accutane.

u can get fraxel laser for stretch marks. there are some links posted in fraxel thread that showed patients who had them improve like 50 percent and one's disappeared. its also good for acne scars. but u have to wait six months to a year after finsihing accutane.

Day 7

okay, I played football yesterday and am now stiff, I don't think Oratane made it any worse, it was 2 hours of running, so thats why I'm so stiff.

My lips are mildly dry and haven't gotten any worse. My peeling has subsided as well as my tiredness and No headache today, don't know what's going on. I have now taken an entire week of dose (280mg) still nothing major, not saying the side effects aren't there but they are mild at best. the tiredness certainly has gotten better everday. the 2nd day was so tiring but its all good now, Hope the next week goes as smooth.

Ahh yes the Inital breakout, well I have gotten a few more pimples, nothing major at all tho, no cysts.

Day 8

Popped my morning pill with breakfast just then, My lower face (above my lips) is feeling tight and numb, and quite alot of peeling today, perhaps this is it really happening now, I dunno, So far 300mg of isotretinoin has been taken,

Tiredness and headaches have gone away!, my lips have felt dryish but not chapped or cracked yet, perhaps they will now.