Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
azcardskill

Please help - Face turning Yellow/Orange!

I've been using Benzaclin and Clindamycin lotion and its making my face a yellow/orange color. None of the moisturizers I've tried seem to help. I'm finally getting my flakes to go away but my face is still yellow/orange! Any suggestions?

I've been using Benzaclin and Clindamycin lotion and its making my face a yellow/orange color. None of the moisturizers I've tried seem to help. I'm finally getting my flakes to go away but my face is still yellow/orange! Any suggestions?

The scary part is I DID STOP! I'm using only lotion now and its not getting better. I've had this for the past month and thought it was because I was using jojoba oil but I haven't used that in three weeks and I"m still yellow! Anyone have any suggestions?

The scary part is I DID STOP! I'm using only lotion now and its not getting better. I've had this for the past month and thought it was because I was using jojoba oil but I haven't used that in three weeks and I"m still yellow! Anyone have any suggestions?

I've been seeing my doctor and he has no clue. I think I'm going to schedule an appointment for a real dermatologist. What should I do for now?

You could probably get the color to fade faster with the use of an exfoliant. I think a strong AHA like a glycolic acid product would help your skin to turn over much faster and get rid of the orangy yellow tint. Try Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion or AHA Alpha Hydrox Enhanced, they might sting a bit at first, but it ought to help.

I have no idea why that color change happened in the first place, though.

No, I'm not taking any other medications. I am taking B5 and some vitamins right now but my face has been yellow before that. Also, I've been using the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Moisturizer and its not helping much.

Sure it's not the B5? .....i'm sorry to all those loyal B5 consumers....i just don't trust anything that you pop 10-20 times a day...aka 5-10 grams of anything in vitamin form doesn't sound healthy...no matter what reports say.

Guest Guest

Some creams and anti biotics do turn your skin funny colours. I'd use something else.

Try get a new layer of skin; either exfoliate or.. I don't know. I severely doubt its a permanent thing.

update: i haven't used benzaclin or anything for a week now except moisturizer and aloe vera. the orange/yellow went away but my acne is still pretty moderate-severe. i think i'm going to ask my doctor for klaron. it looks like it has less side effects.