Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CursedSkin

What do you say when people ask: Why dont you have a girlfriend?

LOL, that dumbass derm!

Well, people have learned that I don't go out partying, and they come to learn I don't pick up girls at all. They don't say anything, because they KNOW without asking. How...terrible is that?

I just say that i don't get asked out, and that Im shy when it comes to approaching someone because thats the truth. My family are starting to ask when I am going to get married! That takes even more explaining!

I just say that i don't get asked out, and that Im shy when it comes to approaching someone because thats the truth. My family are starting to ask when I am going to get married! That takes even more explaining!

Guest Mankind

Firstly I would say to them 'mind your own business', lol and then I would tell them I have had two/three relationships the past couple of years and I just want some time to myself without having the pressure of being with someone. That is the truth, I just want some ME time before I go hunting for the right girl (although it is more likely she will come out of nowhere other than actually finding her by looking for her).

Guest Mankind

Well at least you people are getting asked this crap. Nobody has ever asked me that question, I guess that means nobody expects me to be able to.

or boyfriend(but lets be real, guys with acne have it worse than girls with acne when it comes to dating)

I come up with every excuse in the book...I say im too busy, or when i was in school i would say, "im overwhelmed by the schoolwork"(which i really was at times). Sometimes those excuses would actually be true, but alot of times i was too ashamed of my skin to attempt to do anything...

Or have any of you just actually said "My skin is bad right now thats why im single" lol

Guest Calibos

The ugliest girl at a party has as much chance of getting laid as the best looking guy.

Though saying that, I was completely fucked over by this hot girl i used to like for no reason, then i found out she started seeing this guy, and he's 5 years older than her, obese and fits the conventional belief of someone being "ugly"

Honestly, women are idiots. That's why i'm single, i don't want to be, but i can't compete with no sensical logic, if i binge ate and had a shaved head then women would quickly revery back to the tall dark handsome preference.

lol^

I don't get asked often, my Dad has asked me a few times in the last few years. I think it's because I was a pretty big nerd a couple years ago and he thought asking me would tell him where I was in maturity. Like it's a necessity,"oh, I turned 15 looks like I have to get a girlfriend now!". My sister asked me more times but usually with her it actually pisses me off. She cracks this smile like she knows something I don't, which is frustrating. I swear it's like some kind of medal or object, what's the point if it doesn't matter? Making me feel worse about myself?

I used to make up lies like "oh I don't have any money or I'm waiting for the right person." When people asked me that question it made me sad and it still does. Depending on who the person is I may say "I don't know". Or if I am in a shitty mood I'll just say the truth nobody wants me.

The ugliest girl at a party has as much chance of getting laid as the best looking guy.

Though saying that, I was completely fucked over by this hot girl i used to like for no reason, then i found out she started seeing this guy, and he's 5 years older than her, obese and fits the conventional belief of someone being "ugly"

Honestly, women are idiots. That's why i'm single, i don't want to be, but i can't compete with no sensical logic, if i binge ate and had a shaved head then women would quickly revery back to the tall dark handsome preference.

I hate being asked that. So awkward. My dad asks me all the time and acts like there's something wrong with me when I say I don't have one. I just usually don't even bother to answer anymore when people ask me. Just shrug it off. I've learned not to care what other people think by now.

Hi there, allow me to add in my thoughts on what you've posted. There's a quote that says'' The truth will set you free''. Think about it. Its a simple quote but it holds a very powerful meaning. Not telling the truth will only cause a person to dig deeper and deeper into his/her own rut. Often times, acne sufferers feel that everyone is scrutinizing them and laughing at them. I know because I've been there and the reality is the sufferer is trapping him/herself in their minds and this cycle of not speaking the truth is just exacerbating the situation. Speak the truth. Be truthful to yourself and those around you. It is not your fault that you have acne and it is a very manageable condition with the right professional help and medication. Your family and friends will appreciate your honesty and the fact that you trust and respect them enough to speak the truth about how you really feel. When you do, it will literally liberate you. I know it's difficult at first but I hope you'll trust me this time. Try speaking the truth about how you feel to maybe one family member or a friend you trust. Just one, not everybody. Their reaction may just surprise you.

Alll the best to you,

Sherry