Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CursedSkin

What do you say when people ask: Why dont you have a girlfriend?

i told my mom that i need to look better... she said i'm good looking. i guess i'm better looking then i was, but i'm still self-conscious. i could ask a girl out if we really connected, but if i saw some random girl, FORGET IT!

I'm the same way. I can't just ask out a girl I have some interest in. I have to really get to know them and it takes a long time before I feel comfortable asking them out. Probably why I date so little, that coupled with a lack of good looks. Another thing that sucks is that after all that time they just see you as a friend.

i told my mom that i need to look better... she said i'm good looking. i guess i'm better looking then i was, but i'm still self-conscious. i could ask a girl out if we really connected, but if i saw some random girl, FORGET IT!

I'm the same way. I can't just ask out a girl I have some interest in. I have to really get to know them and it takes a long time before I feel comfortable asking them out. Probably why I date so little, that coupled with a lack of good looks. Another thing that sucks is that after all that time they just see you as a friend.

when someone asks me why i dont have a g/f i say

"are you blind? do you not see the holes in my face!!"

and it kills me when my grandfather, who i look up to tremendously, asks me so i just say,

"i ask myself the same all the time"

its been so long since iv had a g/f that my mom thinks im gay lol,

I tell people I don't have a bf cuz I have been too busy or haven't met the right person; both of which are true, to a degree. I figure if guys dont call me or whatever then they were not the right person :D

I dont think that acne has played a big role in my history of romantic disappointments though; I wear makeup & my acne yo-yos from very mild to slightly moderate. There is only one time I went out with a guy where I think he may have never called me again cuz of my bad skin...I was going through a particularly bad breakout.

People often ask why I dont have a boyfriend suspiciously, like there's no reason I shouldnt unless I am secretly a total loser/weirdo....I try & take it as a compliment :D. Basically I try & think, well there is nothing "wrong" with me that keeps me single, so ultimately it must be by choice.

I usually say things about my ugly appearance. Which is true. That coupled with the fact that I'm short, don't play sports and all my friends are girls doesn't help either.

Not to sound cocky or anything but every once and awhile goodlooking girls will find me attractive and I dont have the best looking acne! Thats just to say you guys could probably get with goodlooking girls too. Or maybe its just because im still in highschool and the girls arent that smart yet. Anyways this is why I want clear skin. No more hiding out, be myself again, Get out there and find myself a steady girlfriend how much better life would be with clear skin.

PS. I hope the fam doctor will give me referal letter for a derm so I can get on the TANE. His Tetracycline that he has put me on for over a year has done absoloutely nothing. I will be so sad if he doesnt give me the damn letter I want to be acne free and hopefully get rid of my massive amounts of redmarks and start living my life again. Not being scared of people looking at my acne, wont have to self concious again ughh.

WELL GOODLUCK TO EVERY GUY OR GIRL WITH THEIR FUTURE RELATIONSHIPS

I hate when someone ask me that. It's pretty obvious that most females don't like guys with Acne. If the mass majority did, threads like this wouldn't pop up everyday. People ask me why I don't, but they're never willing to hook me up with anyone when they ask. So, what's the point in asking?

Now is probably a good time to break out the fake Hearing aid and pretend to be a Deaf mute in public. :doh:

Guest Locked In Grace
"Because Stevie Lee lives in Seattle"

Guest Locked In Grace
(but lets be real, guys with acne have it worse than girls with acne when it comes to dating)

Lets be real..ummm , excuse me but guys have it alot EASIER than girls , i see ALOT of guys with even severe acne with g/fs , but never seen a girl who has acne with a guy , at all !

Lets be serious and real now , shall we? GIRLS WITH ACNE HAVE IT WORSE , got it? good.

(but lets be real, guys with acne have it worse than girls with acne when it comes to dating)

Lets be real..ummm , excuse me but guys have it alot EASIER than girls , i see ALOT of guys with even severe acne with g/fs , but never seen a girl who has acne with a guy , at all !

Lets be serious and real now , shall we? GIRLS WITH ACNE HAVE IT WORSE , got it? good.

Guest Locked In Grace

Your opinion.Fact.Make the distinction.

What you speak of is your experience and beliefs, not what is real for everyone. Generalised statements, like the one's you're making, reflect a lack of knowledge and understanding of complex issues such as this.

I'm not sure what you're worried about :think: ....if you've had girlfriends before then you're obviously capable of being in a relationship you're just having a drought at the moment, right time/right place and all that! Only a socially retarded person (more commonly known as a smart ass individual who's self-esteem is so low that they need to bring other people down to make themselves feel better-not quite the dictionary definition! ;) ) would ask that type of question! Having said that my mum and gran have been asking me the same thing, although it's only because they're worried that I'm not married yet :rolleyes: .

at least you guys have make-up....can you imagine waking up in the morning with the worst breakout ever, knowing that theres nothing you can do about it?! i tried makeup before, but damn its noticeable!

i still have to say guys have it worse. guys with acne are mostly shy and shy guys = no girls.

How about we just settle on the fact that it's difficult for everyone, no matter what your gender happens to be. It's really a pointless argument. It's not easy for anyone.