Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CursedSkin

What do you say when people ask: Why dont you have a girlfriend?

or boyfriend(but lets be real, guys with acne have it worse than girls with acne when it comes to dating)

I come up with every excuse in the book...I say im too busy, or when i was in school i would say, "im overwhelmed by the schoolwork"(which i really was at times). Sometimes those excuses would actually be true, but alot of times i was too ashamed of my skin to attempt to do anything...

Or have any of you just actually said "My skin is bad right now thats why im single" lol

or boyfriend(but lets be real, guys with acne have it worse than girls with acne when it comes to dating)

I come up with every excuse in the book...I say im too busy, or when i was in school i would say, "im overwhelmed by the schoolwork"(which i really was at times). Sometimes those excuses would actually be true, but alot of times i was too ashamed of my skin to attempt to do anything...

Or have any of you just actually said "My skin is bad right now thats why im single" lol

I hate being asked that. So awkward. My dad asks me all the time and acts like there's something wrong with me when I say I don't have one. I just usually don't even bother to answer anymore when people ask me. Just shrug it off. I've learned not to care what other people think by now.

I say "Obivously guys find my face and skin disgusting and refuse to get near me." The person asking the question tends to shut their mouth after that.

I hate being asked that. So awkward. My dad asks me all the time and acts like there's something wrong with me when I say I don't have one. I just usually don't even bother to answer anymore when people ask me. Just shrug it off. I've learned not to care what other people think by now.

First off, lets be real HERE. I've seen over, no lie, at least 30 guys with acne in public with hot girlfriends whereas i've seen about 2 or 3 girls with acne with hot boyfriends.

Well, when people ask me that I just say i'm waiting until college, which is true. I would never not date just because of my skin.

i told my mom that i need to look better... she said i'm good looking. i guess i'm better looking then i was, but i'm still self-conscious. i could ask a girl out if we really connected, but if i saw some random girl, FORGET IT!

i told my mom that i need to look better... she said i'm good looking. i guess i'm better looking then i was, but i'm still self-conscious. i could ask a girl out if we really connected, but if i saw some random girl, FORGET IT!

I'm the same way. I can't just ask out a girl I have some interest in. I have to really get to know them and it takes a long time before I feel comfortable asking them out. Probably why I date so little, that coupled with a lack of good looks. Another thing that sucks is that after all that time they just see you as a friend.

First off, lets be real HERE. I've seen over, no lie, at least 30 guys with acne in public with hot girlfriends whereas i've seen about 2 or 3 girls with acne with hot boyfriends.

Well, when people ask me that I just say i'm waiting until college, which is true. I would never not date just because of my skin.

^ I see that ALL the time

^ I see that ALL the time