Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
youtube

It hit me today!

I use Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Wax. It's very good. Don't use vaseline. At least, I don't because I heard it can smear onto your skin and cause blocked pores. But anything lip balm should be fine. But you'll prob. get more recommendations.

Goodluck with Accutane.

I use Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Wax. It's very good. Don't use vaseline. At least, I don't because I heard it can smear onto your skin and cause blocked pores. But anything lip balm should be fine. But you'll prob. get more recommendations.

Goodluck with Accutane.

burt's bees DID NOT really work well for me. Carmex, believe it or not, made my swollen, dry lips into its original form. That only took like a day for it to heal my lips. Truly amazing and it's cheaper than burt's bees. Although I'll probably use burt's bees in the future (like the feeling better) after accutane.

Guest Locked In Grace

Paw Paw ointment. Peppermint oil ointment for lips (a brand called Oralife make an awesome peppermint oil lip ointment, they give it to chemo/radiation patients). A very mild cortisone if it's really bad.

burt's bees DID NOT really work well for me. Carmex, believe it or not, made my swollen, dry lips into its original form. That only took like a day for it to heal my lips. Truly amazing and it's cheaper than burt's bees. quote]

Agreed..... Carmex is a miracle worker and it makes my lips kissably shiny ;)

Guest Locked In Grace

Interesting, carmex didn't do much for me. Maybe i didn't give it long enough :think:

How quickly did it work for you people?

You should have started using things on your lips before they became dry. I had something on my lips all the time from a week before I started taking accutane and my lips never got dry enough to peal. They felt thin and sensitive but never dried out. start early dont wait for them to get dry.

i just used regular chapstick during the day and aquaphor before i went to bed. those worked very well for the most part.