Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cwalken13

Alcohol and Accutane

I am 19 and started accutane in May of 2006 after a number of different acne treatments did not work. One of my favorite things to do during college and in the summer is to drink with my friends at night. I would usually drink anywehre between 1 to 4 times a week while I was on accutane, until July. I stopped drinking in JUly because I realized that my acne was not improving, even though my blood tests on my liver were fine and there were no problems. After I stopped drinking my acne improved greatly, and by December - the end of 6 months, my face was clear. I'm posting this just to say that it's worth the sacrifice of not getting wasted every weekend in order to get your skin clear. It sucks but its the truth

Lots woul argue that Accutane would have probably just worked naturally around then. Your assuming that stopping alcohol directly related to improving acne is not a reliable claim.

Now, I agree that drinking on Accutane is not necessarily a great idea, but just make sure you know that your logic is very flawed.

Lots woul argue that Accutane would have probably just worked naturally around then. Your assuming that stopping alcohol directly related to improving acne is not a reliable claim.

Now, I agree that drinking on Accutane is not necessarily a great idea, but just make sure you know that your logic is very flawed.

Alcohol is a mood enhancer meaning that if you feel depressed, it will enhance that feeling and vice versa. Atleast, that's what i learned in college.

I haven't changed my drinking habits. I don't get drunk but I do have a drink or two almost daily.

Accutane is working perfectly for me. Everyone is different.

On the box of my Claravis it specifically says not to take it with alcohol... and my derm told me if I was going to be at a party to stop taking the accutane the day before. I guess the alcohol lessens the liver function even further while your on 'tane. I wouldnt mess with it... not something to screw around with, just for the sake of a couple beers =/