Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User15978

What moisturisor do you use?

Just wondering what moisturisor do you use?

Please state if you use it all the time or just occasionally, and if you use it night or day or both?

Well because my skin is very very dry, i am going to stop my aloe vera, and use Cetaphil Moisturising Cream. I started using it last night. In about a week, i am going to use 50:50 of aloe vera & Cetaphil mixed. Very good reviews on the Cetaphil moisturising cream. http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview....l/Moisturizers/

I have heard that the Cetaphil moisturizer can be greasy looking..you are going to have to tell me what you think!

I have been using Aveeno Ultra Calming Moisturizer.. but I am currently trying to find a new moisturizer. I think finding a good moisturizer is just as hard as finding a good cleanser!!

I use Aveeno day and night...you can see it in my sig. i use it everyday. in the morning i usually put some jojoba oil around my mouth and chin b/c those are the spots that flake and are really dry!

Yes i am using the Cetaphil moisturiser, it doesnt look greasy but if i touch my face it is greasy. I just have to wait and update later, and see what it looks like with my makeup. If it looks horrible, i will start 50:50 AVG and Cetaphil.

I was desperately in need of a new moisturiser, and just bought one today.

Dr. Scheller's mattifying moisturiser for combined skin. Can only be better than what I used before :sick:

I am in loooooove with Olay's original hydrating beauty fluid. My grams used it forever.. its a classic lotion :D Moisturizes very well but isn't shiney.. its actually pretty light weight! I use it in mornings only and then jojoba oil and cetaphil cream at night.

I am in loooooove with Olay's original hydrating beauty fluid. My grams used it forever.. its a classic lotion :D Moisturizes very well but isn't shiney.. its actually pretty light weight! I use it in mornings only and then jojoba oil and cetaphil cream at night.

OK. I just applied my MMU and OMG!! My face looks sorta 'dewy'. My face hasnt look like this in agggesss. It looks really nice no greasy feel, (but it did before MMU) My face doesnt oil up anymore since i was taking EPO capsules. :shrug: It just left my with severe dry crakey skin. I was desperate. Im started skool very soon, and no way i was going to school like this. When i used to apply my MMU argghhh flakes and dull skin.

But hopefully it will look good with Cetaphil underneath all day. I am soo not used to using a 'proper' moisturisor, and i misss my aloe vera gel too much. But in about a wk i will mix 50:50 AVG with cetaphil and try it on a w/e (no school) just in case something goes wrong :D

But i have one problem. Because im soo used having my face dry matte, when i use my brush to apply MMU my brush feels clean to swipe over my face. But this morning, i can feel that my brush picked up alot of moisturisor, (the grease), does that mean i need to wash my brush often?

Lac-hydrin Five & jojoba oil. I am using jojoba oil before BP lately; my skin seems to stay softer that way & it doesnt compromise the effectiveness of BP.

I found Cetaphil to be too shiny for my face & not hydrating enough.

i use neutrogena spf 15 oil free moisturizer

200.jpg

it doesn't smell, clog pores, and it rubs in easily.

Fruit of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel I sometimes alternate if i have very dry skin to Complex15 best lotion based moisturizer i have used without getting breakouts!

I use complex 15 every night. Ice boi is right, it's the best lotion around, period. It is the ONLY lotion that does not break me out at all and I can use consistently without issues.

Tash, just curious, which MMU do you use?

I have the complex 15 moisturizing creme, but not the lotion. I wonder if the creme is bad to use? I bought it and then freaked out and haven't tried it yet when I read everyone had the lotion instead.

I was desperately in need of a new moisturiser, and just bought one today.

Dr. Scheller's mattifying moisturiser for combined skin. Can only be better than what I used before :sick:

I use complex 15 every night. Ice boi is right, it's the best lotion around, period. It is the ONLY lotion that does not break me out at all and I can use consistently without issues.

Tash, just curious, which MMU do you use?

I use Proactiv Oil Free moisturizer. That is the only product I'm using in that line though. I'm afraid to try anything else. I might get the Cetaphil since I'm having really good luck with the sensitive skin cleanser.

I think for the Cetaphil Moisturzing Lotion, it really depends on your skin type. If you have oily skin, it's not recommended that you try using it on your face. Dry, normal, and combination types should be okay. From my experience (I have combo type skin), it does leave the face a bit shiny.

I use Sea Breeze Naturals Hydrating Moisturizer.

I think for the Cetaphil Moisturzing Lotion, it really depends on your skin type. If you have oily skin, it's not recommended that you try using it on your face. Dry, normal, and combination types should be okay. From my experience (I have combo type skin), it does leave the face a bit shiny.

I have the complex 15 moisturizing creme, but not the lotion. I wonder if the creme is bad to use? I bought it and then freaked out and haven't tried it yet when I read everyone had the lotion instead.

I think most moisturizers are not a good idea. you are leaving chemicals on your face all day long. at least with cleansers, even it containing some chemicals, you then immediately rinse it off your face. i am currently using just aloe vera gel for moisture which is 100% natural. i think most people should just use this and forgot all other moisturizers. they always tend to break me out worse or feel greasy. i dont care to mess with them anymore.

I read that most people find complex 15 Lotion is too light is which I like if you want something very moisturizing go ahead with the cream.

I use Ponds cold cream on my face at nite and in the am under my makeup and my skin has never looked or felt better. With the super cold air and heat at work and home my skin was fried. I only have just a few dry spots that are getting back to normal instead of my whole face dry and flaking all over. I know that you are thinking "why don't you just put Crisco on your face" but this stuff is a miracle to me and at my age I can use it with out any consequences.