Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mangos21

Closed comedones

I've had a bunch of skin coloured bumps on my face for quite sometime - some for more than a year and others for a couple of months. I did a bit of research and i'm not sure, but I think they're known as closed comedones. Any idea how to get rid of these?

I've had a bunch of skin coloured bumps on my face for quite sometime - some for more than a year and others for a couple of months. I did a bit of research and i'm not sure, but I think they're known as closed comedones. Any idea how to get rid of these?

maybe exfoliation??

I have those too. Cept mine are now begining to turn in the active little spots. I suggest aloe vera gel or a SA product.

i recommend a retinoid, either retin a taz or differin. it should take care of the comedones.

I think I have what you have. When I first went on RAM and Doxycycline, they disappeared. After I went off Doxy, they reappeared to a lesser extent (don't really know why). I'm back on Doxy. They're mostly gone. I would second the retinoid suggestion. (You could also stick to something like Beta Hydroxy Acid or salicylic acid: someone else on this forum recommended Paula's Choice; I haven't tried it: http://www.cosmeticscop.com/shop/product.a...amp;PAGETYPE=S).