Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Devastation

Whitehead -- beaneath my eye!!

I woke up this morning, only to discover I have a new whitehead beneath my eye (out of nowhere - it was not there yesterday). :redface:

Why did it happen and what do I do about it?

I do not think it is a sty.

I skimmed for some information on Google -- apparently it is called a Milia. :redface:

http://ezinearticles.com/?What-is-Milia---...ne&id=33473

Milia are deep seeded white bumps that form when skin cells and sebaceous matter become trapped rather than exfoliate naturally. Milia can occur anywhere on the skin and are prone around eye area and cheeks. As the surface is worn away, the tiny white bumps) may resolve on its own. Far too often, though, intervention to remove the cyst (white bump) through extractions using a lancet may offer more rapid resolution. Best done by a professional!!!! Exfoliation can go a long way in helping deal with milia prone skin. By keeping the epidermis thin and smooth, you can cut down on their formation.

I do not think it is a sty.

I skimmed for some information on Google -- apparently it is called a Milia. :redface:

http://ezinearticles.com/?What-is-Milia---...ne&id=33473

Milia are deep seeded white bumps that form when skin cells and sebaceous matter become trapped rather than exfoliate naturally. Milia can occur anywhere on the skin and are prone around eye area and cheeks. As the surface is worn away, the tiny white bumps) may resolve on its own. Far too often, though, intervention to remove the cyst (white bump) through extractions using a lancet may offer more rapid resolution. Best done by a professional!!!! Exfoliation can go a long way in helping deal with milia prone skin. By keeping the epidermis thin and smooth, you can cut down on their formation.

Is Milia just another name for a whitehead, or a different variation of a whitehead?

Anyone experienced this problem?

I'm not 100% but i know that milia is different from a whitehead....do some more research on it.