Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I recently had a really bad acne flare up and came on this site to find ideas on how to treat it. I have very, very sensitive skin and benzyl peroxide and sylilic acid all burn my face. Recently I have been using aloe vera gel and that seems to have helped with the acne but now I am left with flat red marks, that look like scabs, and don't seem to want to go away. I know that face peels and laser treatments will be too harsh for my skin. Do you have any other recommendations of gels or creams that I might try? Thanks!!

post-52869-1170081809.jpg

post-52869-1170081809.jpg

I recently had a really bad acne flare up and came on this site to find ideas on how to treat it. I have very, very sensitive skin and benzyl peroxide and sylilic acid all burn my face. Recently I have been using aloe vera gel and that seems to have helped with the acne but now I am left with flat red marks, that look like scabs, and don't seem to want to go away. I know that face peels and laser treatments will be too harsh for my skin. Do you have any other recommendations of gels or creams that I might try? Thanks!!

i would personaly reccomend seeing a derm, and getting some sort of topical (i love tazorac) that will erase marks, plus prevent new breakouts. but with any topical, there will probably be an initial breakout and some serious flaking depending on your skin. A TON of people on the site swear by apple cider vinigar too, and that is much easier to get and will be a lot be alot gentler, dilute with water 50/50 and adjust according to your skins dryness. hope i was of some help, good luck! :)