Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EJ25

You know acne has taken over your life when....

I am guilty of the mirror one, I look at myself every few hours or so, habit I guess. My friends think I am really really vain imagine that.... I remember when my acne was a lot worse I used to go on a break pop a pimple then hide in a stall till the bleeding stopped, that was about 3 years ago. Glad most of those days are over.

When you resort to autofellatio (the act of oral stimulation of one's own penis as a form of masturbation).

Your joking right?

When you are relatively clear, but everyday you worry that it will all flip around again and your life will be in the gutters for a week or two. I hate this so much... I find it so ironic that once you become fairly clear all you do is worry about the damn shit still. Maybe there is some seemingly arbitrary time period that you have to go through acne free until you stop worrying about it constantly.

Hey, me too! I FINALLY found a regimen for myself that keeps me prettttty clear, but not 100% (Took way too much trial and error, but it was worth the endless frustrations), and I constantly - CONSTANTLY - freak out thinking it's going to backfire when I least expect it and send me back to square one.

I still break out a little around my period, when I'm on the placebo BC pills. Still upsetting.. Sucks to be a perfectionist when you can't acheive it, no matter what you do or how hard you try.

I wish I could discover a cure. Think of how many active social lives it would save.. How many cases of depression it would prevent. I want people to be happy.. And I want nothing in return but to see the gratification on their crystal clear, MAKEUP-FREE faces focusing on how wonderful life can be without having to constantly worry about something such as their skin.

*Sigh* :confused:

when you skip a day of school because youre so self concious about your skin..

when you flinch and pull away when a guy tries to get close to you, touch your face

when you cake on layers of thick makeup thinking youve got it covered, which only makes it more noticable.

when you skip a day of school because youre so self concious about your skin..

when you flinch and pull away when a guy tries to get close to you, touch your face

when you cake on layers of thick makeup thinking youve got it covered, which only makes it more noticable.

Exactly...I hope all acnesufferers would help each other and spreading the message of accutane and take out their frustration on others.....

When you resort to autofellatio (the act of oral stimulation of one's own penis as a form of masturbation).

Your joking right?

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I even swallow sometimes, too.

Your joking right?

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I even swallow sometimes, too.

he's joking

I relate to so many of these stories, especialy the ones about avioding social things and lying to people rather than admitting that you are stressing over a cyst that's coming out.

My big one at the moment is.......when you are torn between bringing another child into the world and having your skin go crazy hormonally and not bringing another child into the world so that you save yourself that horrible roller coaster!!!! selfish I know but that's where I'm at.

Another one is when your 4 year old son draws a picture of a lady with spots on her face and sayd it's you!!

My mom had terrible acne. She always says how much easier it is for a boy to have it rather than a girl. I think it's the opposite, at least girls can cover it up a little with makeup. Anyways, even though my acne's pretty severe, I'm still glad I'm alive, and I'm sure if I have kids, they'll have acne too one day, and probably suffer like my mom and me, but that's ok. If you know you can be an awesome parent, then you shouldn't not bring a child into the world because of your acne.

anyways for the thread topic.

You contemplate suicide by a gunshot to the face so they wouldn't show your face when you're gone.

You're afraid to go to places where people can see your face up close like the dentist, barber, etc...

When you're hanging out with friends and somehow the subject comes to acne and everything is disgustingly quiet and awkward because no one wants to offend you. AWKWARDDDDD.....

I'm starting to get clear though through b5. It's only been a week though, so here's hoping.

when you organise a big night out with friends, and then on the day (with a big outbreak) say you have ear infection and p*ss them off by not going =(

- when Vanilla Sky is one of your favorite movies but you can only watch it secretly alone because you literally cry throughout the whole second half after the accident because you can *somehow* completely relate to Tom Cruise's disfigured face like no one else

- when you're at a party and you have to constantly go to the bathroom on the hour not because you've had too much Bud Light but because you have to check if you have any new noticeable disgusting white pus forming to "correct"

- when a girl seems interested in you and you figure the only reason why is because she has mild acne not as bad as yours and she must figure she'll be more comfortable around you because you can relate or have it worse or some lame shit like this

- when you actually contemplate if you'd rather be fat, have a missing finger, have a missing arm, have a stuttering problem, etc.

- when you encounter someone else with acne and you debate if they also secretly post on acne.org

- you withold some identifying information about yourself when posting on acne.org because you are paranoid one of your friends or family might somehow visit the site and identify you even though they are perfectly clear and would never visit here let alone be able to figure out that you do

- when you looking forward to going out of town to visit your parents for the weekend because you know that weekend you won't have to either come up with an excuse not to go out or to go out party but be self-conscious the whole damn time

- you seriously consider and look into paying for accutane out of pocket through Canadian online pharmacies rather than wait another few months for insurance to kick in

...you order Proactiv

... you ordered Proactiv more than once because maybe the first time you tried it two years ago you were simply applying it wrong

Your friend from high school that you haven't seen in 9 years is passing through town and you lie to get out of seeing them because you actually looked better in high school than you do now ...

You don't go out after work because ... your face is too greasy and your make-up too runny to be seen by anybody other than your spouse, but ... if you washed it before your evening regimen, you'd be paying the price in dryness for a week (oh, topicals).

Arg.

--when you look at yourself in the mirror in dim light

--when you drink 478568764 glasses of water after washing your face

--when you hate going to public places where flourescent lighting is in every room

--when you feel good looking at home but in actuallity the opposite in public

--when you read articles that say millions suffer from acne but you look around in school you feel like the only person with acne

--when you wonder why emo ppl are so sad and wonder, "I can be emo too!"

--when you try to talk to just one or two ppl instead of being surrounded by a group of ppl

--when you find anything in your daily life that can show even the slightest reflection of yourself.

--when you wonder why beautiful ppl talk to you in the first place

--when you are ashamed to be seen with someone that has acne too

--and when you waste 10 minutes of your time making a reply on this fucking forum!

--when you hate going to public places where flourescent lighting is in every room

LOL! I look like utter shit in flourescent lighting.

--When you say "this is my best lighting" and it's nighttime.