Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CursedSkin

Has acne made you a introverted person?

I saw this on wikepedia and it describes me to a t...

Introversion is "the state of or tendency toward being wholly or predominantly concerned with and interested in one's own mental life". [1] Introverts tend to be quiet, low-key, deliberate, and relatively non-engaged in social situations. They take pleasure in solitary activities such as reading, writing, watching movies, inventing, and designing. An introverted person is likely to enjoy time spent alone and find less reward in time spent with large groups of people (although they may enjoy one-to-one or one-to-few interactions with close friends).

When im at home, im usually in my room with the door shut. Sometimes i go days without speaking to family members or friends....

i often wonder, is this my true personality or am i a product of acne problems...

its really messed up, because ive had bad skin since 7th grade...I never really had a chance to develop my own personality, so i dont really know who i am inside.

:(

i think were all like this a little. i know that i am. its hard to be who you really are when your always so worried about what you look like. everyone says im such a quiet person, but i remember when my skin was clear and smooth i was actually outgoing and enjoyed being with other people. you will never know who you would have been today without the years of hiding behind your skin

I saw this on wikepedia and it describes me to a t...

Introversion is "the state of or tendency toward being wholly or predominantly concerned with and interested in one's own mental life". [1] Introverts tend to be quiet, low-key, deliberate, and relatively non-engaged in social situations. They take pleasure in solitary activities such as reading, writing, watching movies, inventing, and designing. An introverted person is likely to enjoy time spent alone and find less reward in time spent with large groups of people (although they may enjoy one-to-one or one-to-few interactions with close friends).

When im at home, im usually in my room with the door shut. Sometimes i go days without speaking to family members or friends....

i often wonder, is this my true personality or am i a product of acne problems...

its really messed up, because ive had bad skin since 7th grade...I never really had a chance to develop my own personality, so i dont really know who i am inside.

:(

I have always been a little bit introverted, but due to years of acne I have inclined more into introversion. I have made improvements, though.

yes. totally. although i think i have a problem with social anxiety which doesnt help. i think my problems more to do with complete and utter fear and insecurity as to why i spend a lot of my free time alone (shopping, reading, watching movies, etc). but i get itchy feet after a few days and i actually want to go out, and do whatever, i desperately want to develop a close friendship with someone, but because ive isolated myself over the last few years, i dont have anyone im especially close to, so i cant. which makes me feel even more depressed and lonely. but i normally hide that well, i feel like i put on a front all the time, but i actually enjoy company, but only with people i feel comfortable with and only in situations i feel comfortable with. im ok clubbing and stuff, i find that fun and enjoyable, but sitting in a bar or pub or whatever in the middle of the day, i dont enjoy and would avoid.

Acne has contributed to many things over a long period of time to make me very introverted and it helped kill my self-esteem.

Sometimes my acne is just so gross that I don't want to go outside at all, I don't even want to see my family or anything either :/

i ahve always been introverted. people who talk alot shit me to tears. just shut up,even for one minute

i find extroverts are too needy,i have a couple of friends who always want to chat on the phone for up to 3 hours or catch up and go out every second day,even if there is nothing to do,they just want to be with other people

I've always been a bit introverted but have a bunch of pimples has made things worse. My skin is doing alright latley but I still feel too ugly to leave the house most days.

I used to be. I'm not anymore. I just cannot bring myself to care about what others see nowadays.

(Which is a good thing, I believe.)

I have always been a little introverted, but never as much as now. To the point where somedays I just wanna be home if my acne is horrible. But usually those are only times when I'm going to school. When my friends call me out I would definitely go most of the time I'm still concious of my face but not as much as when I never had that much acne. Sometimes I go days without going out and that's because no one calls me to hang out. That coupled with me having to do a lot of school work which really sucks. Sometimes I just choose to stay home because I feel more comfortable.