Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi. I haven't really posted much on here, just lurked.

I just made this huge move across the country, it's supposed to change my life. Back home, I didn't go out much. There wasn't a whole lot to do, and I always felt uncomfortable about my skin. I didn't used to be this way. When I was in college, my skin was clear. I went out all of the time.

I don't know why I thought that moving would magically change things. There's much more to do around here than back home, but I don't want anyone to see my face. I have lots of redmarks that I can't cover, besides moderate acne and dry patches. I just feel so sad about the way I look. I know I am probably too hard on myself, I just don't feel comfortable in my own skin. I'm so sensitive about it and I just feel so depressed. I don't want to go out and meet people, and I don't have any friends or know anyone here. I'm just hiding inside.

Acne blows.

i know how you feel. i stoped being social my senior year of highschool and figured that moving off to college would be a new start and i could be social again. but i get to college and im even more self councious of my skin and just hide in my dorm room the whole time. its very depressing to hide out without any friends but all i can say is go out and meet some people that your comfortable around...i know this would help...but i still cant do it :)

Hi. I haven't really posted much on here, just lurked.

I just made this huge move across the country, it's supposed to change my life. Back home, I didn't go out much. There wasn't a whole lot to do, and I always felt uncomfortable about my skin. I didn't used to be this way. When I was in college, my skin was clear. I went out all of the time.

I don't know why I thought that moving would magically change things. There's much more to do around here than back home, but I don't want anyone to see my face. I have lots of redmarks that I can't cover, besides moderate acne and dry patches. I just feel so sad about the way I look. I know I am probably too hard on myself, I just don't feel comfortable in my own skin. I'm so sensitive about it and I just feel so depressed. I don't want to go out and meet people, and I don't have any friends or know anyone here. I'm just hiding inside.

Acne blows.

Im sorry! I know what you mean. I dont like going out either because I am worried people will judge me based on my acne. Hopefully this will have been a lovely new transition for you and you will make some friends soon. Just remember we are in this together!