Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ASUfan17

Im Pretty Sure the Regimen has Stopped Working For Me

I started this Regimen back in April or so. I started off using Purpose Cleansing Bar, a 5% perscription BP and Eucerin Intensive Repair Lotion with AhA. I also spot treated with tiny amounts of Retin-A micro It worked somewhat and my skin was improving, but I was still getting some acne.

In August I switched to Dan's Cleanser, Dans BP and Lac Hydrin 5 lotion. Still doing the spot treating with tiny amounts of Retin-A Micro. It worked the best of anything so far, most days I didnt have to worry about my acne very much. But lately (I'll say since around December 27th or 28th) my skin has just been getting progressively worse. the right side of my face looks horrible now, I have about 7-9 active pimples alone there. Not to mention that my nose looks so bad it would make rudolph blush... :(

Around when it started getting bad, I added JoJoba oil to my regimen which I think only made it worse, So I've since eliminated it from my regimen. I used it for about 3 weeks. Then about two weeks ago I tried adding sudocrem to my regimen. The sudocrem dried my skin on terribly and I think was the main contributor to my nose looking like garbage.

But now I've been back to my normal regimen that i used for 7 or 8 months and I'm still not seeing any improvement. Unless someone here can tell me something that I'm doing horribly wrong, I think I'm going to have to try accutane for the first time. I don't think I'd be able to get ahold of accutane until sometime in march when I'm home for spring break, so I guess I have to stick it out with the regimen until then.

Oh, and my past history with acne regimens and stuff. In mid December of 2005 i went to the derm for the first time. She gave me a 5% BP, Differn gel and Tertacycline. It didnt do much to improve my skin, only improved about 10-15% I'd say. So I went back and she gave me 5% BP gel, Retin-A Micro, and Minocycline(sp?). It worked better than the first batch of stuff. It improved my face about 60%, but it sort of reached a stopping point and didn't work anymore. So I ditched the derm's advice and started following the regimen.

This is really killing me though. Im extremely stressed out and depressed about the surging return of my acne, I didn't think it would ever come back like this. As dumb as it sounds, I've broke down crying to myself a couple of times the past couple of days about it. I've done so much to get rid of this acne, and its STILL HERE and almost as bad as ever. I've altered my social life, bent over backwards and done just about everything imagineable with this regimen and now its just completely stopped working. I know it shouldnt be that big of a deal, but I'm an extremely self concious person when it comes to acne. My will and spirit are broken, I think I need something new :(

As dumb as it sounds, I've broke down crying to myself a couple of times the past couple of days about it. I've done so much to get rid of this acne, and its STILL HERE and almost as bad as ever. I've altered my social life, bent over backwards and done just about everything imagineable with this regimen and now its just completely stopped working. I know it shouldnt be that big of a deal, but I'm an extremely self concious person when it comes to acne. My will and spirit are broken, I think I need something new :(

It does not sound dumb at all - I am quite certain that almost all of us who have experienced similar bouts with acne have as well. Acne ruined so many things in my life. I applaud those, who with severe acne showing, did not allow it to take control of their lives... but that just wasn't the case with me.

I think back to all of the fun things that I missed out on - I would literally have to stay home from major events because my face would be so bad.

My face has been breaking out as well... since December... the first time in years. I too went to dermatologists, basically losing a small fortune without the success that something as simple (and affordable) as The Regimen gave me. But now I am back to not being able to make social events or plans in advance because my skin has been breaking out so frequently. Whereas in the past I would have gone out with my face in the condition that it currently is, people have come to know my clear skin, and I am afraid that they will really notice the difference since I am now breaking out (again).

My take isn't that the BP is no longer working as effectively for me, but that it's either 1 of 2 factors:

1. The weather change (it went from normal winter temperatures to freezing quickly).

2. New medication that I'm on (because I noticed severe breakouts as soon as I began taking it - but surprise - my doctor claims that it can't befrom the medication and refused to switch me from it). I have to keep taking it so... there's nothing that I can really do.

Hang in there. It may simply be the weather change. Can you think of anything that may have changed in your life that is constant (i.e. diet, medication, etc.)?

And do not ever feel "dumb" about your emotions regarding acne and how it makes you feel - it is normal and I hope that one of us can help to change that for you very soon.

The regimen was a failure for me, I don't think that the CSR BP Gel or Cleanser is all it's cracked up to be. I have updated my signature and this is the regimen I've been following as of late, with much, much better results.