Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Right now I am so depressed and isologen is the only treatment I would try but why is it taking so long. I thought by this summer it was going to be approved. I have been on their website and read they had some setbacks with the first trial according to them due to injector technique. So they started new trials.

I believe I had volume loss on top of further acne scarring with the exoderm phenol and cortisone shots done at the same time. I have been reading about cortisone atrophy and wonder if that is why I see crinkly skin by my eye right at the cheekbone and also crinkly skin in the midcheek area and next to my mouth where I can see in very good lighting a large very shallow scar that is crinkly. It does not look like an acne scar because it is a larger area. Isologen sounds just like what I need to plump up my skin because I dont have deep scars. I keep thinking about a post by Rupert, where he mentions it greatly improved his scars that were not deep making some of them even hard to find.

Rupert showed me his before and after pictures and they were amazing. They convinced me to want to wait for isolagen as well.

I'm going to start my scar revision procedures this summer. If isolgen isn't out by then, i'm going down the Fraxel route.

:) well some people may remember that I bounced off the walls when it didn't fill my scars at first, having spent thousands. However as time passed they slowly but surely started to fill. I still have scars and some of the deeper scars it hasn't eradicated so I've not finished the scar journey yet.

I stand by what I said about it filling in scars like 1mm deep (get your rulers out). Thats as in 1mm vertically deep from the skin surface. Rolling scars as well, not icepick. Had it done 2005 and to this day those scars are still flush with the normal skin. But thats ME, doesn't mean everyone and I had somebody who knew about proper injecting technique.

HOWEVER i had some real deep babies and it didn't fill those as promised, donutted essentially with the surrounding healthy skin. The scar fight continues.

I have whined abotu isolagen the company b4 and won't do much now. I accept they have high costs but their sheer lack of professionalism defies belief.

But jasmin, whu not just go get the new collagen evolence filler? the one supposed to last 12 months (probably less but a good load longer than zyderm/zyplast). It will do the same thing for those shallow scars (i would have thought). Ok, so you are injecting pig into you rather than your own cells. But, if you are like me, I care about my scars, not the lives/welfare of pigs. :shrug:

But yep if I just had shallow scars like the majoity of you lot have, I wouldn't be talking to you now. For those scars, isolagen was a proper treatment for me. Who knows how long the effect will last for. Cos those isolagen retards aren't producing anymore topups. :evil:

:) well some people may remember that I bounced off the walls when it didn't fill my scars at first, having spent thousands. However as time passed they slowly but surely started to fill. I still have scars and some of the deeper scars it hasn't eradicated so I've not finished the scar journey yet.

I stand by what I said about it filling in scars like 1mm deep (get your rulers out). Thats as in 1mm vertically deep from the skin surface. Rolling scars as well, not icepick. Had it done 2005 and to this day those scars are still flush with the normal skin. But thats ME, doesn't mean everyone and I had somebody who knew about proper injecting technique.

HOWEVER i had some real deep babies and it didn't fill those as promised, donutted essentially with the surrounding healthy skin. The scar fight continues.

I have whined abotu isolagen the company b4 and won't do much now. I accept they have high costs but their sheer lack of professionalism defies belief.

But jasmin, whu not just go get the new collagen evolence filler? the one supposed to last 12 months (probably less but a good load longer than zyderm/zyplast). It will do the same thing for those shallow scars (i would have thought). Ok, so you are injecting pig into you rather than your own cells. But, if you are like me, I care about my scars, not the lives/welfare of pigs. :shrug:

But yep if I just had shallow scars like the majoity of you lot have, I wouldn't be talking to you now. For those scars, isolagen was a proper treatment for me. Who knows how long the effect will last for. Cos those isolagen retards aren't producing anymore topups. :evil:

Rupert that little bear is so cute. It made me smile and I needed to.

It's good to hear you had such great results with those scars that are still holding up. I have seen your picture earlier and you looked pretty good and young but I was wondering if you had any little fine lines treated with the isologen also? Do you think the evolence filler would be more effective than restylane and longer lasting for scars?

I know its so frustrating and I dont blame you for calling them retards. They have this product that can help so many of us but they seem to have really bad management. I hope that the delay and repetition of the trial will help them learn more about the proper injector techniques so the doctors here in the US can apply them and deliver significant results.

Rupert that little bear is so cute. It made me smile and I needed to.

It's good to hear you had such great results with those scars that are still holding up. I have seen your picture earlier and you looked pretty good and young but I was wondering if you had any little fine lines treated with the isologen also? Do you think the evolence filler would be more effective than restylane and longer lasting for scars?

I know its so frustrating and I dont blame you for calling them retards. They have this product that can help so many of us but they seem to have really bad management. I hope that the delay and repetition of the trial will help them learn more about the proper injector techniques so the doctors here in the US can apply them and deliver significant results.

Interesting question about the fine lines. Yes I do and yes i had some treated. These are at the side of the mouth and are significant and are smile lines. Obviously wrinkles start where there is movement. Now results for fine lines with isolagen. Absoluetly ZIP. Nothing. Rien. Did not do a thing for them. You see the FDA aren't as stupid as some people think. They want isolagen to prove their efficacy, especially at that price. And if I had been going for isolagen for wrinkles I would be very disappointed in the results. However, scars in non moving areas were more successful (my upper cheeks). Don't forget though the scar treatments tend to ride on the back of wrinkle treatments.

I have heard a few people who have had evolence filler for the mouth area and been very pleased with the results and there is no doubt that it lasts longer than restylane/zyplast. However the internet does not seem to have too many people commenting on evolence. However it is new. I am not a dermatologic surgeon and can't give top advice like one. I am going to go see one to discuss evolence. Maybe she will think that hyaluronic product would be more effective for me. I don't know yet. Another thing to consider is that the injections for collagen/restylane are supposed to not be too pleasant. I certainly like the idea of injections twice a year rather than four times.

As for the isolagen company. Even thoiugh I pay £200 a year to have my cells stored, they couldn't even be bothered to write to me to tell me that I could have them stored elsewhere cos they were closing down. They couldn't even be bothered to tell existing cutomers like myself that they were closing. If it was up to them, they would have just thrown my cells out. I seem to remember being told that the expensive part was the cell harvesting technique, its like £1500 of the original cost. And they can't even be bothered to tell me they are closing, despite the fact that I have ongoing business with them. i am willing to bet that if I sent them payment for this year's storage they would cash the cheque as they always do :lol: They are a joke, they really are. They soooo need some management consultancy.

:)