Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warwize

new routine, seems to work!!

I kept noticing someone on this forum claimed that the reason the cave man - paleo diet - works is due to its caloric restriction. Well there have been some experiments done on rats where they found that rats live longer (30%) and are overall healthier if they are kept on low calorie diet in a catabolic state. They also found the same results when the rats were put on ALA (regardless of calorie intake), some sort of omega 3 acid.

Well anyway, I was doing some research a few days ago and came across a pretty intellectual discussion on another forum regarding the root causes of acne.

Basically they were investigating the connection between metabolism & immune systems and how they regulate toxins in your body which can produce acne in some people.

I'm not going to summarize the whole discussion, because I can't really explain it well, but they came up with a type of regimen that I've been trying recently, and it seems to have good results. The testimony of other users on that forum is also encouraging. Heres the link:

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/archive...p/t-296667.html

If you are planning to try it out, please read as much of the thread as possible, its best to get informed before you start taking random supplements and medicine!!

Here is the general routine::

1). H2 ANTAGONIST: Ranitidine:Dose: Initially 150mg twice daily, then after 1 week drop to 75mg twice daily (morning and evening) (OTC drug known as ZANTAC 75)

2). ALA : alpha lipoic acid 300mg twice daily

3). Multi-vitamin once daily

4). Zinc supplement 30mg

5). Vitamin C 1-2g daily

6). MSM 4-6g per day

7). No processed sugars or flour

8). Limit dairy and trans-fast

This is a general list, acne has more than one cause, and it changes from person to person. They discuss the role of histamine and in the thread and how it influences acne development, ofcourse some people jumped to conclusions and started taking anti-histamines :naughty: , but they are useless, so don't bother with them!

heres the link again:

The users : kkpb7825 and SweetJade1 are the most informed, so read their posts!!

Good luck. :dance:

Here are some replies regarding the drug Ranitidine aka Zantac 75 -

"I have always said that ranitidine CAN NOT be a permanent solution, but i believe that it is a valuable option in the SHORT TERM, because it helps people to see that they can clear their acne up by re-balancing an unhealthy balance in the immune system..."

"As far as results using zantac (ranitidine), I had some noticeable results within 5 days. "

" Zantac is nothing short of a miracle. I was already on a diet that avoided wheat and was high in vegetables and included those supplements like ALA and MSM, but I still got breakouts. After I found this thread I started taking Ranitidine and BAM!. Just in a couple days, my skin was looking better. By now, I must have been taking ranitidine for maybe 2 months (maybe longer) and my skin is pretty much clear"

" Ranitidine (zantac75) isn't a long-term solution, so if you do see results, eventually replace it with perilla seed extract"

" I no longer take the chinese medicine since the remarkable effect of the ranitidine, so now i just use alpha -lipoic acid, and a general liver detox supplement."

wow they really had a long discussion didnt they lol.

this is actually really interesting as i have a super fast metabolism but never seem 2 absorb any suppliments a other ppl seem 2???

im currently taking RLA (the natural strand of ALA) and have seen a slight improvement in my skin.

im going 2 start reading the thread proporly (its gona take sum time lol)

if it wasnt 2 much trouble could you pleeze summerise what the regime is like as it seems to change as the product Ranitidine cant be taken long term? and other products have 2 be implimented?

thankyou very much 4 posting =)

im up 2 page 8 and its really complex!

im getting really lost lol.

hope sum other ppl read the thread also and make better sense of it than i am thus far.

it is very interesting though, and amazing how smart the therories r.

im up 2 page 8 and its really complex!

im getting really lost lol.

hope sum other ppl read the thread also and make better sense of it than i am thus far.

it is very interesting though, and amazing how smart the therories r.

i'm very interested in this post as i too seem to have many of the characteristics of being high histadelic and obviously have acne (since i'm posting on this forum). i read through that entire other forum but must admit that i didn't follow everything they were talking about but it seems very interesting.

warwize...how long have you followed this regimen? keep us posted on your results

I kept noticing someone on this forum claimed that the reason the cave man - paleo diet - works is due to its caloric restriction. Well there have been some experiments done on rats where they found that rats live longer (30%) and are overall healthier if they are kept on low calorie diet in a catabolic state. They also found the same results when the rats were put on ALA (regardless of calorie intake), some sort of omega 3 acid.

Well anyway, I was doing some research a few days ago and came across a pretty intellectual discussion on another forum regarding the root causes of acne.

Basically they were investigating the connection between metabolism & immune systems and how they regulate toxins in your body which can produce acne in some people.

I'm not going to summarize the whole discussion, because I can't really explain it well, but they came up with a type of regimen that I've been trying recently, and it seems to have good results. The testimony of other users on that forum is also encouraging. Heres the link:

If you are planning to try it out, please read as much of the thread as possible, its best to get informed before you start taking random supplements and medicine!!

1). H2 ANTAGONIST: Ranitidine:Dose: Initially 150mg twice daily, then after 1 week drop to 75mg twice daily (morning and evening) (OTC drug known as ZANTAC 75)

2). ALA : alpha linolenic acid (an omega-3 fat) 300mg twice daily

4). Zinc supplement 30mg

5). Vitamin C 1-2g daily

6). MSM 4-6g per day

This is a general list, acne has more than one cause, and it changes from person to person. They discuss the role of histamine and in the thread and how it influences acne development, ofcourse some people jumped to conclusions and started taking anti-histamines :naughty: , but they are useless, so don't bother with them!

heres the link again:

The users : kkpb7825 and SweetJade1 are the most informed, so read their posts!!

2). ALA : alpha linolenic acid (an omega-3 fat) 300mg twice daily

4). Zinc supplement 30mg

5). Vitamin C 1-2g daily

6). MSM 4-6g per day

heres the link again:

doesn't the other forum suggest taking "alpha-lipoic acid" (the antioxidant) which is different from "alpha-linolenic acid" (the omega 3 efa)????

Thansk for posting! I'll get reading right away. Btw, is ALA the oil found in Flax Seed Oil, or do I have to get a seperate supplement?

Things like:

very fast metabolism, hard to put on weight

long slender fingers, my second toe is longer than my first (big toe)

prefer cold temperatures to hot temperatures

get addicted to things I like easily

generate a lot of saliva, mouth is usually moist

highly creative and imaginative

strong sexual desires, urges :P

excessive perspiration,

Its best to read the link I provided if you have any questions or concerns regarding this new theory and routine. I understand the reasoning behind it and it makes sense but its just too complex, I don't have the time to break it down and answer questions.

Anyway, this isn't a long term routine, its more like a test to see if your acne is histamine related, so if you see good results from the Zantac, in the short run, then you could switch it with perilla seed extract for the long run.

The other products are also helpful, specially ALA, and SAM-e (methionine) since methlyation reduces histamine levels.

As for me, I have only recently started this routine, its too early to tell if its working so I'm gonna give it another few weeks before I make a conclusion. BUT so far so good :)

If you are interested in this approach plz plz read the thread I linked to, it does a better job of explaining things and if you don't have high-histadelic symptoms, theres really no point to regulate your immune system through histamine manipulation....

Anyway, this isn't a long term routine, its more like a test to see if your acne is histamine related, so if you see good results from the Zantac, in the short run, then you could switch it with perilla seed extract for the long run.

The other products are also helpful, specially ALA, and SAM-e (methionine) since methlyation reduces histamine levels.

Its best to read the link I provided if you have any questions or concerns regarding this new theory and routine. I understand the reasoning behind it and it makes sense but its just too complex, I don't have the time to break it down and answer questions.

As for me, I have only recently started this routine, its too early to tell if its working so I'm gonna give it another few weeks before I make a conclusion. BUT so far so good :)

If you are interested in this approach plz plz read the thread I linked to, it does a better job of explaining things and if you don't have high-histadelic symptoms, theres really no point to regulate your immune system through histamine manipulation....

noticed the OP still posts here regularly

bump this thread again.......... Im gonna get started on essentially this same regimen after coming across that same thread on healthboards doing a google search

how'd it go for you ?

I've seen a few lengthy discussions on Zantac and they always decide to drop it in the end. There was one by Romeo here not that long ago.

If you are looking for an antihistamine, why not try vitamin C? And the other nutrients mentioned above.