Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KittyKat13

Anyone have experience with Lush products?!?!

I started using Lush products about 3-4 weeks ago because they were an all natural product that had a lot of good reviews (www.lush.com). I use Everyday Minerals (heard about it here..thanks!) and eat pretty healthy. It felt great for a few days and then I started breaking out all around my nose and forehead/hairline. I never really broke out there and they are small red pimples, whiteheads and blackheads. I am pretty frustrated since i was relatively clear beforehand. I was using Proactiv before and really wanted something natural with the harshness of chemicals. Any advice, experience??? Thanks so much. :D

I started using Lush products about 3-4 weeks ago because they were an all natural product that had a lot of good reviews (www.lush.com). I use Everyday Minerals (heard about it here..thanks!) and eat pretty healthy. It felt great for a few days and then I started breaking out all around my nose and forehead/hairline. I never really broke out there and they are small red pimples, whiteheads and blackheads. I am pretty frustrated since i was relatively clear beforehand. I was using Proactiv before and really wanted something natural with the harshness of chemicals. Any advice, experience??? Thanks so much. :D

Hi KittyKat,

I was a little distressed to read your post. How are you getting on now?

I also read rave reviews about Lush products clearing acne on their site and have just purchased Angels on Bare Skin, Ultra Bland and the Tea Tree Water. So far so good apart from a mini break out on my chin. But it seems to be much less harsh than the Clinique stuff that I was using. Did you buy anything else?

I haven't used any products on my face for years because I have sensitive skin, just water. If I used something from Lush i'd probably break out pretty badly.

I bought the coalface I think its called? Anyway it cleared my skin up but caused me to breakout during the day with bad spots. So I stopped using it as I would go out in the morning with clear skin and come home with a some bad pimples/cysts etc.

Unfortunately, "natural" is a very loose term and does not necessarily equal "good for skin". It's just good marketing.