Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KMack

Does Accutane affect your concentration?

Posted

When you took it or if you're taking it now, have you felt less able to concentrate on school work or focus on things?

Posted
When you took it or if you're taking it now, have you felt less able to concentrate on school work or focus on things?

Posted

Yes. It caused brain fog.

Posted

Yes. For me it most definitly has its so hard for me to concentrate at school and homework.

Posted

No, not at all. Pure BS.

Posted

I can definitively say that I have had some concentration issues while on Accutane. My average has dropped a little bit in school and Im thinking its not a coinsidance.

Posted

My memory is shot.

Posted

Ok. I'll stop taking it for a week before the Bar Exam.

Posted

Well, in my opinion, the medication shouldnt have much impact on concentration. The thing that probably plays more role is the anxiety you go through while taking accutane. With all the warning labels and possible side effects, your mind could subconsciously worry about all those things. For example, ask yourself this question. How often do you think about acne and your skin? Probably every 15 min or so? While your studying at a library where there is absolutely no noise, it is easy to constantly think and worry about your skin. I havent taken accutane yet (will in a couple days) but I sometimes tune out when I am not keeping myself busy. But I think overall i'm just lazy =D.

Posted
Well, in my opinion, the medication shouldnt have much impact on concentration. The thing that probably plays more role is the anxiety you go through while taking accutane. With all the warning labels and possible side effects, your mind could subconsciously worry about all those things. For example, ask yourself this question. How often do you think about acne and your skin? Probably every 15 min or so? While your studying at a library where there is absolutely no noise, it is easy to constantly think and worry about your skin. I havent taken accutane yet (will in a couple days) but I sometimes tune out when I am not keeping myself busy. But I think overall i'm just lazy =D.

Posted

The concentration detriment has nothing to do with whether you're worrying about your acne. Accutane can make you lethargic and dehydrated. Thus, causing tiredness and lack of concentration. Not everyone experiences it, but it does take a toll on your body.