Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hellokittygirl

Applying MMU wet?

hey everyone, so lately i've been experimenting with my MMU samples (God knows i have many because i'm crazy). my skin has been really dry because of the retin-a micro i'm using at night. anyway, to help with the dryness and flakes, i've been applying my MMU wet (damping my kabuki, then swirling my minerals). i noticed that i started breaking out since i started doing this 2 weeks ago. has anyone tried it and started breaking out? i wonder if the water + minerals is harboring bacteria which is leading to the breakouts. i really love the coverage and finish i get so i hope this isn't the reason i'm breaking out... :pray:

I dont think its the water and mineral makeup causing it... i read somewhere that MMU can't get bacterial growth, but I could definitely be wrong.. i'll see what all the other gals have to say.

water dries out your skin unless you SEAL it in with moisturiser

if your skin is too dry- you break out- due to your skin producing more and more oil to compensate and your pores getting blocked etc etc

apply your minerals with moisturiser instead of water and then just use a little bit of powder over that

make sure you DO NOT WET anything with corn starch in it, as it DOES offer a perfect breeding ground for bacteria

make sure whatever you are using to apply your minerals is clean and replaced often depending on your usage and cleaning patterns

hope that helps

water dries out your skin unless you SEAL it in with moisturiser

if your skin is too dry- you break out- due to your skin producing more and more oil to compensate and your pores getting blocked etc etc

apply your minerals with moisturiser instead of water and then just use a little bit of powder over that

make sure you DO NOT WET anything with corn starch in it, as it DOES offer a perfect breeding ground for bacteria

make sure whatever you are using to apply your minerals is clean and replaced often depending on your usage and cleaning patterns

hope that helps

it gives u light to medium coverage with the moisturiser

but you can build the coverage up

all you need to do is use a kabuki brush or a powder/foundation/blush (doesn't matter what kind of brush in other words) brush to put some mineral foundation powder on OVER the moisturiser/makeup - and that way u can build the coverage up a bit better :)

if you want to apply it wet then put a little moisturizer in your palm, sprinkle some minerals on top, mix it up and put in on your face just as you would mousturizer. after a few seconds the moisturizer will start to soak in and thisis when you even out the minerals. it takes me about 20 seconds to apply my minerals and i moisturize all at once.

my face hates all kabuki brushes and i always end up with dry patches or flakey minerals.

i LOVE the way I do it now..so fast and looks great - great coverage too.

if you want to apply it wet then put a little moisturizer in your palm, sprinkle some minerals on top, mix it up and put in on your face just as you would mousturizer. after a few seconds the moisturizer will start to soak in and thisis when you even out the minerals. it takes me about 20 seconds to apply my minerals and i moisturize all at once.

my face hates all kabuki brushes and i always end up with dry patches or flakey minerals.

i LOVE the way I do it now..so fast and looks great - great coverage too.

Agree with Tash - sounds like an IB from the Retin-A. Am getting my IB now and am almost 5 weeks in with Differin. Most IB's happen around the 4 to 6 week mark so I wouldnt stress. The lifecycle is anywhere from 4-8 weeks so anytime during that period is where you can get pimples and the retinod encourages pimples that you could not see before to come to the surface. Mineral make up cannot carry bacteria but the brush you apply it with can so make sure you wash the brush every one or two weeks with a gentle soap solution and rinse thoroughly.

MMU with moisturiser doesnt work that well once the moisturiser sinks in. I find that MMU disappears after 5 hours anyway with the help of oily skin :|

Agree with Tash - sounds like an IB from the Retin-A. Am getting my IB now and am almost 5 weeks in with Differin. Most IB's happen around the 4 to 6 week mark so I wouldnt stress. The lifecycle is anywhere from 4-8 weeks so anytime during that period is where you can get pimples and the retinod encourages pimples that you could not see before to come to the surface. Mineral make up cannot carry bacteria but the brush you apply it with can so make sure you wash the brush every one or two weeks with a gentle soap solution and rinse thoroughly.

MMU with moisturiser doesnt work that well once the moisturiser sinks in. I find that MMU disappears after 5 hours anyway with the help of oily skin :|

i apply it wet and haven't had problems. I would think you're safe from bacteria if you're not gettting the minerals in the container wet, but transferring them to a lid or bowl. It might be the retin-a... What MMU do you use?

Just out of curiosity, did you wash your brush before using it? I doubt it's the water and minerals that's causing the breakout, unless you're allergic to one of the mineral ingredients. Most likely it's the brush that's causing the problem.

hmm...i'm still figuring this out. i stopped applying my minerals wet just to see what would happen, so i'll keep you girls updated. i'm currently using Monave and Lumiere. It could be the Retin-A or that i'm stressed out or something. And, i make sure to wash my brush a couple of times a week because i'm super paranoid about stuff like that. anyway, thanks for all your responses!

Ive never done that experiment but how about you just put a shit load of moisturizer over the retin A. You could put the retin A on, wait ten minutes, and then put on the moisturizer. I to have dry skin and thats what I do. If you want you could give that a try.