Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StandingAlone

Having acne and being a cashier..

Yeah so I currently work 2 jobs, one in which involves working on a loading dock and doing hard manual labor and another i do part time in which i run a register at a local store.

I finally get off the docks at 3 and go on into my second job. I've had a really bad week acne wise and i was already feeling bad for myself. I hate facing the public. I'm a very good talker just not when my confidence is shit. so today here i was "how are you today?" "thank you ma'am/sir!" all night long. Every now and then i have to just stand there and wait for something and peoples fucking little brats are just standing there, staring at me. I hate that more than anything.

I know i have bumps on my face you little asshole!...sorry i'm just really on edge right now seeing as i'm tired and fed up. Staring just makes me sweat, i felt beads raising up all over my forhead i even put some of the stuff in from of the kids faces so they couldnt see me lol. sad i know.

I love kids and people and i know they dont know what having acne feels like and if their lucky they never will..but it just hurts so bad to know that people are looking at you like a freak or something.

I'd quit but due to my financial situation al the moment i just cant..oh well i'm home now and its all over. i'm going to try to forget today the best i can.

hey you got guts and know you can't let acne do that to you

hope tomorrow turns out better

I understand you 100%, ITS HARD but JUST FUCKEN DO IT, NO SWEATING, NO WORRING, ALL YOU MAN. DONT LET NOTHING DEFINE YOUR EVERYTHING. YOU HAVE ACNE...SO WHAT? THEY LOOK AT YOU RESPOND WITH A BRIGHT SMILE.

PEACE.

yah I've been a cashier at walmart, so yuah I feel you. But when I saw most of the people that came through my line I was like damn I glad I'm me and not this d-bag in my line, you know what I'm saying. But yah little kids dont know respect one called me red face last summer, sucked.

i worked as a cashier back then. My condition wasn't great neither. But for me, i believe if i have to work face to face with customers, i have to be service oriented ;) but of course, dealing with nasty customers = cursing behind their backs :lol:

Hey MRHOOPS99! You survived a day! I bet you can make it through real well :) don't fret about it.

ps: try to divert your attention. Maybe say from how bad you are feeling to the 'thank you' your customers said to you.

Thanks guys for all of your inspirational responses i tend to let it get to me alot more than i should as i'm sure we all do at times i wish people wouldnt judge people by the surface of they're skin..but this isnt a perfect world.

i wish all of you the best!

I can't say I understand because my job is always with animals..minimal human contact which I like.

Just wanted to say I hope tomorrow is a better day.

I know how you're feeling. I used to manage an "education cart" at a zoo and I'd have to deal with people and all their questions for 6 hours a day.

I know how you feel, neither of my jobs is as a cashier, but I work retail in busy places and get confronted by people all day long. It's hard to look people in the eyes and be honest with them when you don't like yourself. The trick is to be happy enough with yourself that you could care less about their judgement. What they think of you really shouldn't matter, it's more important how you feel about yourself.