Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
steph3n

1st Dermatologist Appointment - Anything I Should Know?

As the topic says...

I'll be going to my first derm appointment ever. It's mainly for very mild acne and blackheads....nothing too serious

just wondering is there some useful things to ask or to know? i do really want to get rid of my current acne and blackheads...such a pain

college stress sucks

thanks in advance!

that your derm probably wont pay much attention to you. the appointment will probably go like this:

"hmmm.... yep, you have acne. heres some random prescriptions that probably aren't strong enough or satisfactory. im giving you these so you have to come back every couple of months for a few years so i can steal as much money from you as possible."

I have my first derm appointment coming up soon aswell , wel first i have to get through my standard doc first. But from the sounds of it derms are useless and i shouldnt even go..

i stopped going two years ago, i had a cool derm that actually cared, but when he left the practice and i was stuck w/ his partner i left. his partner walked in for a second and asked me if i was still on retina a, that's it. i figured, this guy is stealing my money and not treating me at all so i'm getting the hell out of here. good luck though, your may care

so what should I do beside him/her stealing my money?

I was going to ask for accutane right away but im not sure....

my acne isnt that bad but i have seen people with LESS acne than me use acutane

or should i try and use their antibiotic that doesn't work most of the time instead of jumping right away and ask for accu?

thanks

id go for accutane. ive taken the pansy way out, and Im really regretting it. im debating going on accutane now actually. just sucks that im out here at college 3000 miles away not able to obtain accutane for at least another 2 months

There is a very good chance the Derm will be in the room and out so fast your head will spin. If you want Accutane ask them for it. I've found you need to be direct with Derms otherwise they will just gloss over your problems and give you an antibiotic. At least spark a conversation about what you want and tell them your reasons - some people get intimidated and clam up. Good luck, I hope you get what you want/need.

accutane is no walk in the park my friend, and dont just take anyones word for it either.

Research the hell out of it. The risks are very real.

I would definitly skip all antibiotics because they are a waste of time they only fight inflammation.

use topical retinoids right away and see how they work for you, try them all.

Try klaron as well, read the reviews on this site there is alot of good ones.

Good luck!!