Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stocktock

Relationship with my parents = very bad :(

Ok, I'm getting pretty distant from my parents.

My dad lives in toronto (im in montreal), and he visits on the weekends.

I talk to him approx. 5 mins when he comes here, sometimes even less, and it's real small talk.

I talk to my mom who i live with 7 days a week, about 20 mins in a week. Small talk.

I feel a hatred towards them, mainly because I don't feel my parents are there for me.

I have no one to talk to except my sister.

I have to apply for college, and I don't even want to talk to them about it.

Everything is going wrong with me and them, everythingle small thing I make it into something big

I dunno why? My bro gets all the attention from my mom and pops, and my parents never ever congradualate me on anything in my whole life, they haven't hugged me since I was like 3 years old. My mom is always commenting me on whatever I do (like why are u doing that, and why are u doing this, and its your fault for not doing this, why cant u be like that, etc...)

I dunno, i'm pretty distant from my parents.

I always hear people say appreciate your parents?

But for what?

The only thing they really do is , pay for electricity, (school is virtually free, here in canada), and pay for some food.

I don't know what are parents for? They make me feel like shit most of the time.

sigh, just had to get that out, it's not acne-related but whatever.

"The only thing they really do is , pay for electricity, (school is virtually free, here in canada), and pay for some food."

U don't appreciate this?

"The only thing they really do is , pay for electricity, (school is virtually free, here in canada), and pay for some food."

U don't appreciate this?

I'm sure he/she does appreciate it, but maybe he/she just wishes that his/her parents were there for him/her more, in ways other than providing food and shelter, eh?

Maybe you can tell them how you feel? Maybe they think you're the one that doesn't want any contact...I had a stage like that and it got better once I moved out. I'm from Montreal too! I moved out to NDG from the south shore.