Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foomph

Threading

So i went to get threaded today (I usually use at-home wax strips which work pretty darn well for what they are) because I'm on accutane (= NO WAXING!).

It was my first time and I'd heard it's so painful but it wasn't! Not even as bad as waxing! It took less than 5 minutes and cost $7 for both eyebrows and upper lip. :shock: Waxing costs more like $12-$15 at a salon.

I love it when it's cheap because I can tip a lot more!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that if you're on accutane or you have sensiitive skin, try it. It left me pink-y and a bit red (as waxing does). With waxing, I usually get a couple of zits too. I'm not sure if it's the wax, the procedure, or the oils they rub on afterwards (I'm leaning towards the oils). I'll let you know...

Threading

How come nobody EVER responds to any of my posts? Ever?? :lol: Just say something...I see you reading...I feel like nobody even likes me, not even on the goddamned acne boards! :doh:

Is it my avatar? Rats are the best pets...don't judge if you've never owned one...I think for fun, maybe I'll change it to a sexy pic...

Thanks for posting this thread (no pun intended), Foomph! I was actually thinking about posting a question about people's experiences with threading, so this came just in time. I'm almost a month into Accutane (day 27), and need to do something with my eyebrows, so this seems like a good option. Although, I'm still spitting out those sebum plugs that make me really self-conscious about letting strangers that close to my face... I'll try to wait it out a little longer, but if they're hell bent on staying forever I may just have to swallow my pride. And don't worry, you're totally the acne board homecoming queen ;)

-Emi

I'm sorry no one's answered your posts. We do like you :) And you're little rat too!

Threading? I've never heard of it, but then I'm probably not up on all that...only have to wax my eyebrows once or twice a year (really!) and was on Accutane a million years ago. What is threading and how is it different from waxing?

Heather

So true , my mom and sis went and did it for few times now and they love it more than waxing , and it doesnt leave redness for more than few seconds , waxing is leaving me with redness for 3 days and sometimes i bleed because my skin is sensetive , will be doing that instead from now on.

that is totally wierd, well only because I have never heard of it or anything like it. I HATE tweezing my eyebrows, but I do it anyway. Maybe I'll try threading sometime. Thanks for the info!

Is it my avatar? Rats are the best pets...don't judge if you've never owned one...I think for fun, maybe I'll change it to a sexy pic...

my first pet when i lived on my own was a rat!!! she would run up my arm and give me kisses! lol. well, as a cosmetologist i do waxes almost every day....and i have to say that every single person i have done that has tried the threading has told me that it was wayyy more painful than waxing. i'm glad this wasn't the case for you. i've never tried it myself so i can't say, but that is what i have heard. maybe it's just the people here that are doing it. i dunno.

Glad u liked it. I posted about threading in another post and I guess no was that interested.

Also you can find cheaper ones I get eyebrows done for $2!!!!!!

They also do upper lip for $3 and also entire face for $10 since most people want to get rid of facial hair......

^ yeah, it's pretty sweet! I posted a link in my very first post at the top...but basiaclly, google it and you'll get tons of info. I think it might not have been painful because I had heard so much about how painful it is, that I was expecting MUCH worse. But I'll never go back to anything else. She did SUCH a good job, no gunk on my face (wax or oils afterwards), much less redness and it fades so much more quickly, and it took less than 5 minutes for eyebrows and lip...next time I might splurge and get my upper cheeks done too. What the hell? An extra $2! :D:dance: Iceboi, where are you in canada? If you're in van, tell me where you go!

I have heard of threading and want to try it but NOBODY in my small shitty town does it. As soon as I move back to civilazation I'm getting my burt-brows threaded.

I love you avatar..

^ yeah, they're experts. IN Vancouver, there's a HUGE east indian population and I always admired my indian friends' eyebrows! I finally went and the woman barely spoke english but wow!

Oh,m and I forgot to mention as well, that threading can be done with much shorter hair than with waxing so you can do it as soon as you start getting re-growth! :dance:

So i went to get threaded today (I usually use at-home wax strips which work pretty darn well for what they are) because I'm on accutane (= NO WAXING!).

It was my first time and I'd heard it's so painful but it wasn't! Not even as bad as waxing! It took less than 5 minutes and cost $7 for both eyebrows and upper lip. :shock: Waxing costs more like $12-$15 at a salon.

I love it when it's cheap because I can tip a lot more!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that if you're on accutane or you have sensiitive skin, try it. It left me pink-y and a bit red (as waxing does). With waxing, I usually get a couple of zits too. I'm not sure if it's the wax, the procedure, or the oils they rub on afterwards (I'm leaning towards the oils). I'll let you know...

Threading

Guest Sincerely_Me

How long does it take though? I get my brows done at this salon where they are very precise, the waxing takes seconds, but they trim and tweeze as well. I would assume threading takes more than a few seconds. I can't see how it would be less painful though =(

I usually wax or have them waxed, but this seems like a neat idea. I'd have to figure out where they do it in my area, though.

The whole thing...both eyebrows and upper lip took less than 5 minutes. And I'm not exaggerating. I couldn't beleive it myself.

Threadding is fast, but it sometimes depends on what u want out and not. The threading lady always asks me to check the mirror to see if everythings good you can always ask for touch ups!

The place I do it is at an indian salon. They have really cheap prices Threading at about $2 while waxing is just $3. I'm going there next time to get my feet massaged at about $5.

I can't believe you thought it was less painful than waxing. Waxing is over so quickly (like seconds) threading takes a few minutes. I like threading because it's more gentle on the skin, not because it's less painful, but good for you that it didn't hurt that much.

I get threaded now that I'm on Accutane, and I was getting threaded when I was using differin or retin-a, but I can't wait to go back to waxing once I'm six months post Accutane.....

^ really? WEIRD! Maybe I shall change my mind at some point...but so far I've had NO clogged pores (and it's been a few days now) while with waxing I's always get a few zits. I think the pain thing is because I had heard it was so painful I was prepared for so much worse...

Iceboi I go to an Indian salon too! Main & 49th:) Sultan!

I have heard of threading and want to try it but NOBODY in my small shitty town does it. As soon as I move back to civilazation I'm getting my burt-brows threaded.

I love you avatar..

Can they get the same precision and good shaping on ur eyebrows with threading? I might try it tomorrow when i go to the mall.. They have like one of those mall carts and they sit u in a chair and do it right in front of everyone.. I`m kind of expecting the price to be higher tho.