Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alina

please help--retin-a micro question

Hi guys i have started using retin-a micro for the last three days and since then, my face has become swollen and puffy-- not a whole lot but enough to bother me. Has anyone had a similar experience? I just use a thin layer at bed time-- I just wanna know if this side effect will go away or if I am allergic?? :-k

Thanks, guys. I was beginning to think that I was allegic or something. Did it get rid of your acne? My doc said that if it doesn't work, we should try accutane!

retin-a worked amazingly well for me, my face is 100% clear and smooth, give it time to work, it takes several weeks for the full effects to show, stick at it and don't be discouraged! smile.gif

I've been on retin A for about 5 months sometime last year. In the beginning it was horrible but eventually I became pretty clear on it. Not 100% more like 90%. I kept breaking out and yes I was really red for about the whole 5 months by just using a pea size amount at night. I eventually stopped on the 5th month because after I was clear I broke out again while using it.

Retin A has it's ups and downs but for me it would always clear me up then break me out. The worse acne I ever had in my life was probably when I was on Retin A. I wouldn't recommend it but ya never know.

I am also on it, and have a similar experience as ace9839. I notice that I will get very clear, and then breakout again, some kind of cycle. However, the breakouts are fairly small and usually are just a small red bump or to, and are nothing serious for me at least. Overall, I think this product (for me) has worked better than any other product I have used except for accutane.