Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frumpy&Bumpy

HAIR CARE, oily hair & ACNE

Any of you suffer with greasy hair and stinky scalp?

I've suffered with this for years. For the past 2 months I have stopped using shampoo (even sls free shampoo) and used the NO POO method.

NO POO : 1 teaspoon of baking soda in 1 cup of warm water. Apply with squirt bottle to hair roots, massage gently for a few seconds. RINSE WELL.

1-2 Tablespoons of Apple cider Vinegar in 2 cups of warm water. Apply to hair. Massage gently for a few seconds. RINSE WELL.

NO POO has been much better to my hair AND FACE than shampoo. Even the SLS shampo caused breakouts at hairline and temple areas. Maybe it was the fragrance? Since going NO POO, I also now have to wash my hair less than before but my hair is still prone to oilyness and therefore a FUNKY SMELL. Some say vinegar helps with smell but it didn't do away with it for me.

So, I read up on stinky scalp and someone said to use a bar of SULFUR SOAP.

I used it after doing the NO POO and my hair hasn't smelled in 4 days even though I work out most days and haven't shampooed in 3 days. MIRACLE!!!!