Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just had my VERY first injection--had a papule that develope into "cyst-like" spot. Called my derm--who is ARSUM--yesterday and she fit me in this morning.

I have very mild acne but when I have a flare up it hits me hard and this spot was AWFUL! It was inflamed and very deep (it was next to my nose--I could feel it throbbing). She injected me which did not hurt that bad (it stung a little)--This is kinda gross but blood shot out when she injected it and she said she could tell it was looking to erupt.

Anyway, The swelling is already starting to go away and the inflamation as well. She said it will be gone anywhere from 6 to 36 hours.

I had my doubts about injections at first but if I ever have one I feel that is going to become disgusting I am going to get injected.

It may work different for people but it is worth it, the only thing is that where she injected is a little sore but nothing bad. She also suggested that icing the spot will help as well.

Hope this helps people thinking about injections. My derm is great for we talked about atrophy and she said make sure your derm knows what they are doing for it is possible to happen but is unlikely with a good derm. If you do not have a derm make sure you do research before you just settle for one. My .02

LATES!!!!!!!! :clap:

I used to have mild acne a few years ago, and just like you I got a big cyst just below my eye. It was my first cyst ever. I went to the dermatologist just like you. She stuck a needle in it, and got the puss out, and disinfected it. I don't think she injected anything into it though, but maybe she did, I don't remember.

All I remember is that the red spot took a long time to go away. Like a period of half a year to vanish completely.

Right now I'm at a point in my life where I get cysts on such a regular basis, that there's no point in going to the derm to get them injected. Just live with the pain...