Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
losinghope

do you blame or resent your parents?

my skin problems are definately hereditary and i resent my parents, my mom in particular for passing them down to me. stupid huh.

we've gotten in arguments in the past and had a big fight recently and i brought up my shit genes i got from her and she said find another mother and i said i wish i had been born to another mother cause then maybe i wouldnt be so ugly and disadvantaged in life. which is true even though i know its bad to say. i also said she shouldnt have had kids, not fair. i know its not her fault but i cant help but resent her. not just skin she also gave me other shitty genes...

she also didnt let me go on accutane when i was 13-14 when my acne was peaked cause shes paranoid and thought it would make me commit suicide. if i had gone on it, maybe i wouldnt have had these scars and the psychological damage i got from living with all that acne for years. she never considered maybe id do suicide if i DIDNT go on it.

the worst part is she doesnt take me seriously about it, she thinks its just a phase where im all worried about my looks and itll pass. and she thinks im faking my sadness and the lonliness i feel in life. i kinda want to shoot myself and leave a note for her to find. maybe then she'll take it serious.

but ya. :boohoo:

do you guys resent your parents too?

I got mine from my dad as well. Hell even at 42, he's still dealing with spots here and there. Very little, but he still has 'em.

I don't resent him, however... it's not his fault. Shit happens.

shit genes i got from her and she said find another mother and i said i wish i had been born to another mother cause then maybe i wouldnt be so ugly and disadvantaged in life. which is true even though i know its bad to say. i also said she shouldnt have had kids, not fair

I said the samething 2 days ago. Felt really bad about it after tho.

Genetics are complicated, it's pointless to blame your parents as if they can actually fix your timeline.

I have a really great mother, but in the past I resented her for things, and now I have moved past them. As far as my father is concerned, I have never met him and I do not know what to say in this case. I suppose I resent him for not being present. I resent him for making me intrinsically reclusive and lonely while searching for something that doesn't exist. I resent him for being stultifying. I resent him as a person. [/sad]

Genetics are complicated, it's pointless to blame your parents as if they can actually fix your timeline.

I have a really great mother, but in the past I resented her for things, and now I have moved past them. As far as my father is concerned, I have never met him and I do not know what to say in this case. I suppose I resent him for not being present. I resent him for making me intrinsically reclusive and lonely while searching for something that doesn't exist. I resent him for being stultifying. I resent him as a person. [/sad]

im sorry :(

Some people believe that everything you do is decided by your genes, the way act, the way you think.. should this mean, I have to blame my parents

for everything I do wrong?

Learn to take responsibility. Yes, you got acne, so get educated on the subject, and try and find a regime that works for you.

I resent my mother and father sometimes because I moved to a new country and started getting acne. One side of my face was covered in acne and the other was spotless.

My mother did not take me to a dermatologist until the whole other side was messed up to. I begged and begged for her to take me but she didn't. My dad didn't either.

When I first went, maybe 2 yrs ago, even the derm asked why I hadn't come earlier.

I don't resent my parents. If you looked at my parents you'd think they'd be two people who would have good looking kids. But for whatever reason they didnt. Im definately their kid, but I did seem to catch some ugly genes. Perhaps recessive genes. ANd i Agree with you, I think some people really shouldnt have children based on their own ugliness. I consider myself one of them. I think My gene pool should end with me. And I think that theirs others out their who should exercise some genetic resposibility of their own. Ill end own this note Just because you find someone who will have sex with you and your ugliness doesnt mean you should have kids, please wrap it up.

Ill end own this note Just because you find someone who will have sex with you and your ugliness doesnt mean you should have kids, please wrap it up.

i know it's not my parents fault, but i almost don't want to have kids for all the crap they'll have to go through. not just skin related, though. i'm not sure in this generation that all good outweighs the bad.

Guest dingybobstuart

No one else in my family has acne, so i cant really resent them for that...

I resent them for other things tho...

I'll admit I do sometimes. My mom had acne and passed it on to me and only me. One time I blamed her for it.. :doubt:

I apologized after that

My Mom had the same kind of hormonal acne at her age that I have no. No I don't rensent her..she hated having it too..

I don't understand how you resent her for something she couldn't control.

Some people believe that everything you do is decided by your genes, the way act, the way you think.. should this mean, I have to blame my parents

for everything I do wrong?

Learn to take responsibility. Yes, you got acne, so get educated on the subject, and try and find a regime that works for you.

My Mom had the same kind of hormonal acne at her age that I have no. No I don't rensent her..she hated having it too..

I don't understand how you resent her for something she couldn't control.

if you guys can read i did mention i know its not the parents fault. but sometimes you cant help but to resent, you know. its not like i want to, i just do. and there are other things shes done that she did have control over that affected me in a bad way, that plus the lack of sympathy doesnt exactly help improve my feelings about this.

The socially conscious acne-sufferer might consider not having children in order to eradicate the acne gene from civilization and prevent untold misery in future generations. Many of you may be angry at your parents for not thinking along these lines, even if it meant that you might not be here today. Even if your spouse doesn’t possess the acne gene, you just won’t know how many of your children might be afflicted with the misery and anguish of this skin disorder. In my teens, I had a face full of cystic acne and boys told me I was so ugly they could vomit. Needless to say, I never had a date nor was I ever asked to dance at any dance I attended. Despite this, my parents, who both had mild acne as youths with no residual scarring, refused to pay for dermatology treatments, while each new pimple I sprouted left a new scar. I can understand your anger at your parents, because like mine, they are not in touch with your truest needs and are displaying a gross lack of caring and sensitivity. Many people have children for exceedingly selfish reasons that have little to do with what would benefit the child. I do not mean to sound like Nazi Germany striving for a pure, healthy Aryan race. I am asking you to contact the most caring, selfless aspects of your being and examine your motives for bringing yet another human being into the world whose potential for acne might cause him/her a lifetime of emotional pain and who would also be passing the acne gene down to yet more people. I am 59 now and still get occasional acne. Ten minutes after washing my face, I look like I applied cooking oil to my face. As the day wears on, I usually look like a greasy slob. I never leave home without thick layers of concealing makeup and am ever conscious of avoiding overhead lighting which only accentuates the scars. My greatest envy is of women with poreless, flawless, porcelain skin. They haven’t the slightest knowledge of the agony that our skin disorder can bring. How I wish I could have been one of them Am I focusing too much on myself and not enough on other types of suffering in this world? No way. I am a registered nurse and have spent decades caring compassionately for others, so I implore you to think of the welfare of future generations before you satisfy your own needs for parenthood. It is true that in not having children, you might preclude the birth of a great humanitarian or scientist, but there will always be others to do their noble work. Please think deeply before you act. I never regretted not having children, because I know in some small way that I have reduced world suffering.

neither of my parents had acne and neither did my brother, ive blamed god, chocolate, masterbating, but i found out all of them had nothing to do with acne

My father had severe acne. I probably did inherent it from him, but mine is very mild. So thank god for that.

Now, my mother still look 20 at her current age of nearing 50. I hope I got that gene! :dance:

I got it from my mum. She's pretty and charming. But has a lot of attitute and is a little prejudiced she took all her wishes on me. My dad had nothing. I think it's tragic but I know my parents love me.