Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kufungster

Anyone achieved clear skin?

my skin is clear after 7 weeks on the regimen. i still have red marks tho, but am confident they will fade soon. i recommend anyone try the regimen. i had a really bad time of it 2/3 week in but stuck with it and it got better.

I assume you're referring to a phase where your skin gets worse before it gets better...?

I do not quite know where this info of breaking out before it gets better (your skin) is coming from. I do not think (but am not completely certain) that BP has that effect.

What do you mean when you say the first three months were hell? I assume you're referring to a phase where your skin gets worse before it gets better...? Also, are the ingredients different in Dan's gel as opposed to an aqueous-based 5% bp gel?

Wow, ok, you answered my questions, thanks. As far as the "purging" effect...hey, I tried Murad several years ago and that's just what happened--I went from having a few active spots on my face to a million .... within a few days of starting to use their products. Murad, whether it was in the actual pamphlet or during their infomercial b.s., say that one's acne will get worse before it gets better. They talk about drawing out "impurities" than can lead to acne.....what did I do when this happened? 1st--I had a stroke. 2nd--I busted out my benzamycin, stopped using murad and cleared my skin within two days. Now, the bumps that the murad caused were different....they weren't real inflamed...just a bunch of bumps that were all over (most were fairly small)...it was weird. Anyway, I pitched those products and ate the $60 or $70 (I can't remember how much it cost). Plus, my face turned into a huge oil slick thanks to whatever bizarre combo of ingredients they used.......grr.....that whole experience was very frustrating!

So has anyone managed to get completely or pretty much clear with DKR? Since acne starts under the skin it makes me wonder about the affectiveness of this...

PS. Who applies BP once a day and who twice?

most of the time im pretty clear or have one or two unnoticeable red marks, and that started after about six months of trying to find something that worked for me. unless i get a very rare breakout, im usually clear.