Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erox

Types of beans

I think I heard that having beans were healthy but since there are many different types, i was wondering if there are any differences between them or if one is more healthy than some other one. I was looking at ones from Goya and I noticed that the Red Kidney Beans have a few unneccecary ingredients such as firming agents and an ingredient to maintain the color I think but the Black Beans only had water, beans, and salt. Should I stay with the black beans or are there othes ones (possibly from other companies) that are more healthy?

Taken from WHFOODS.COM

Loaded with Antioxidants

Research published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry indicates that black beans are as rich in antioxidant compounds called anthocyanins as grapes and cranberries, fruits long considered antioxidant superstars.

When researchers analyzed different types of beans, they found that, the darker the bean's seed coat, the higher its level of antioxidant activity. Gram for gram, black beans were found to have the most antioxidant activity, followed in descending order by red, brown, yellow, and white beans.

Overall, the level of antioxidants found in black beans in this study is approximately 10 times that found in an equivalent amount of oranges, and comparable to that found in an equivalent amount of grapes or cranberries.

Taken from WHFOODS.COM

Loaded with Antioxidants

Research published in the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry indicates that black beans are as rich in antioxidant compounds called anthocyanins as grapes and cranberries, fruits long considered antioxidant superstars.

When researchers analyzed different types of beans, they found that, the darker the bean's seed coat, the higher its level of antioxidant activity. Gram for gram, black beans were found to have the most antioxidant activity, followed in descending order by red, brown, yellow, and white beans.

Overall, the level of antioxidants found in black beans in this study is approximately 10 times that found in an equivalent amount of oranges, and comparable to that found in an equivalent amount of grapes or cranberries.

So ordering Pinto instead of black beans at Chevy's was a mistake. :doh:

Taken from WHFOODS.COM

Loaded with Antioxidants

So ordering Pinto instead of black beans at Chevy's was a mistake. :doh:

Nah, Pinto are good too just black ones are better when considering the health benefits. I don't suggest eating just one bean in all situations.