Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Girly_Twirly

Jessica's Accutane Log

I have been taking Accutane (Claravis) for about 2 weeks now. I am 21 years old and have been struggling (hard) with cysts on my face since I was about 13. I am lucky in the sense that I have only ever had outbreaks on my face and no where else on my body. One day this hard purple bump about the size of a nickle appeared on my upper cheek, and from there things only got worse. For the longest time, my parents just thought it was normal teenage acne, and never agreed to take me to the doctor, and to make things worse, some scars I do have were not needed because with cysts they don't form normal 'heads' as pimples do...and if they would be there for 2 months and still do nothing, my mother would take a needle and attempt to 'pop' them herself. Finally we went to a dermatoligist when I was about 16. I was put on Minocyclin, which worked for a bit, and then Retin-A Mirco, which made my face so sore and tight, and did nothing really...then I was put on Keflex, which worked great for the first 6 months combined with Differin gel...but about September of 2005...I stopped taking everything and anything..because why put something into your body when it does nothing....I had always told myself I would never take accutane because it terrifed me...My mother always tried to push me...and well...finally I've given in and can only pray that it works and wasn't a waste of time or engery wasted on side effects.

Major side effects I am noticing are very sore eyes...which I got the artifical tears for...rash on my forearms and tops of hands...and seem to be starting on the side of my hips...I just try to use Eucerin as often as possible....I was told not to put anything on my face as far as lotion, but I've always had dry skin since I started using the Retin-A Micro and Differin, and my face will peel and look as though i've some disease...but it always cracks and bleeds around my nose, which is not only ugly to look at but oh so painful...so, I am just using Vasaline Advanced Healing at night before bed...comes in a little tube. First week I didn't use anything, and it was so bad, I was flaking from my face all over my clothes, and its like all natural oils from my face have just vanished! The Vasaline seems to be working well. Lips that feel like they have been sun burnt...not really dry or peeling, just very sore if I don't have anything on them...I am switching between Vasaline Lip Balm and Aveeno Chapstick (Intense Relief Medicated Therapy)... ;) The Aveeno feels really good if they are bit sore because it has menthol in it... :D I have been going to Curves (gym for women) since october and have just in the past few days noticed that my legs are hurting so bad, and I don't know if it has anything to do with Accutane, or just something else entirely. I haven't noticed too much of many new breakouts or new cysts (but now that I say that, they will all appear tomorrow morning), and thats the one thing I was most concerned about...more cysts = more pain! :redface:

I am taking pictures once a week to track progress as it comes...do you think thats often enough? I am not sure...I hope so....maybe its too often...if you have suggestions, please let me know. My face has always been red since this all started, but it almost seems like its even more red now and I've noticed my pores seem to be a tad bit larger than normal. My number one question is what seems to be the best face wash? I used to just use a bar of goats milk soap...smelled good, and was so gentle, but have hard time finding it now...I was using the apricot scrub before I started Acctune, because it helped clear all excess dry skin from my face, but it hurts now, so I am using Loreal Hydrating Face Wash, but it burns a bit...lol Is there anything better...or am I just too much of a whimp? :shifty: Advice on anything and everything would really be appreciated...Thanks!

Contact Me!

*Jessica*

You posted in my log asking if using oxy and clean and clear burn. They don't. My skin doesnt really feel much different than before starting (only slightly dryer). I don't seem to be experiencing bad side effects yet. I do have dry lips and eyes, but it's only slightly uncomfortable and not unmanagable. My skin is itchy and sensitive to heat but not painfully so. I'm sorry that things hurt on you. I hope that it gets better soon.

I have been taking Accutane (Claravis) for about 2 weeks now. I am 20 years old and have been struggling (hard) with cysts on my face since I was about 13. I am lucky in the sense that I have only ever had outbreaks on my face and no where else on my body. One day this hard purple bump about the size of a nickle appeared on my upper cheek, and from there things only got worse. For the longest time, my parents just thought it was normal teenage acne, and never agreed to take me to the doctor, and to make things worse, some scars I do have were not needed because with cysts they don't form normal 'heads' as pimples do...and if they would be there for 2 months and still do nothing, my mother would take a needle and attempt to 'pop' them herself. Finally we went to a dermatoligist when I was about 16. I was put on Minocyclin, which worked for a bit, and then Retin-A Mirco, which made my face so sore and tight, and did nothing really...then I was put on Keflex, which worked great for the first 6 months combined with Differin gel...but about September of 2005...I stopped taking everything and anything..because why put something into your body when it does nothing....I had always told myself I would never take accutane because it terrifed me...My mother always tried to push me...and well...finally I've given in and can only pray that it works and wasn't a waste of time or engery wasted on side effects.

Major side effects I am noticing are very sore eyes...which I got the artifical tears for...rash on my forearms and tops of hands...and seem to be starting on the side of my hips...I just try to use Eucerin as often as possible....I was told not to put anything on my face as far as lotion, but I've always had dry skin since I started using the Retin-A Micro and Differin, and my face will peel and look as though i've some disease...but it always cracks and bleeds around my nose, which is not only ugly to look at but oh so painful...so, I am just using Vasaline Advanced Healing at night before bed...comes in a little tube. First week I didn't use anything, and it was so bad, I was flaking from my face all over my clothes, and its like all natural oils from my face have just vanished! The Vasaline seems to be working well. Lips that feel like they have been sun burnt...not really dry or peeling, just very sore if I don't have anything on them...I am switching between Vasaline Lip Balm and Aveeno Chapstick (Intense Relief Medicated Therapy)... ;) The Aveeno feels really good if they are bit sore because it has menthol in it... :D I have been going to Curves (gym for women) since october and have just in the past few days noticed that my legs are hurting so bad, and I don't know if it has anything to do with Accutane, or just something else entirely. I haven't noticed too much of many new breakouts or new cysts (but now that I say that, they will all appear tomorrow morning), and thats the one thing I was most concerned about...more cysts = more pain! :redface:

I am taking pictures once a week to track progress as it comes...do you think thats often enough? I am not sure...I hope so....maybe its too often...if you have suggestions, please let me know. My face has always been red since this all started, but it almost seems like its even more red now and I've noticed my pores seem to be a tad bit larger than normal. My number one question is what seems to be the best face wash? I used to just use a bar of goats milk soap...smelled good, and was so gentle, but have hard time finding it now...I was using the apricot scrub before I started Acctune, because it helped clear all excess dry skin from my face, but it hurts now, so I am using Loreal Hydrating Face Wash, but it burns a bit...lol Is there anything better...or am I just too much of a whimp? :shifty: Advice on anything and everything would really be appreciated...Thanks!

Contact Me!

*Jessica*

Hello! That would be my crazy Doctor that told me to only put lotion on my body and leave my face alone. Next time I go in (Feb 12th) I am going to just make sure that the Vasaline Advanced Healing is alright for my face. I've been using it since Monday and today was actually the first day, even before Accutane, that I've woken up with a really smooth, non tight, or flaky face. I am loving it! I always used Olay Complete (All Day) Moisutrizer for Sensitive Skin before this, and it wasn't working miracles, but it wasn't letting my face crack and bleed, so I wasn't complaining. Something that I have noticed since I started reading things here is that alot of people are taking vitamins, of course I've always taken my One a day for women, but I was never told by any derm that I should take others...that was really sweet of them! :evil: As far as face wash, yes, I guess experimenting is best...Thanks for all the advice!

~Jessica

Email Me!

Hello. It is Day 16 for me and nothing really too exciting to report on. Something I've notice, that to me is just awful because it's a pain (literally and metaphorically speaking) is I've got those little tiny pimples...ya know those ones that if you even think about touching them they make your eyes water...enough to make a grown man cry...yeah, well I've got those all around the lining of the inside of my nose. I don't know if this is normal, but I know they hurt and for some reason they make my nose itch like crazy! This is really the first sign in more than two weeks of any new breakout. Of course, i'm still itchy at night, I've given up hope on that :doubt: And yesterday was an awful day when it came to pain in joints and muscles. I am 21 and felt like I was 70. I do know that its because of Curves, and how active I was yesterday just in general, but its not cool for it to hurt for you to get into bed at night. I don't care for taking pain relievers and don't even know what I would take for this, but I doubt it would even work, so I don't think I'll bother with it. Just do my best to stay stretched and keep going to curves regularly :surprised:

Oh! And I got my vitamins yesterday along with the Cetaphil face wash. I am taking my One day day for women along with Vitamin E as well as a combo vitamin with Fish Oil, Flax Seed Oil, and Borage Oil. They say that Borage Oil helps with skin dryness and for women, an extra benefit is that is reduces symptoms of PMS significantly. :dance:

Thanks for suggestions!

~Jessica

Hey, that's awesome, we live somewhat close to one another. I live in Valencia, if you've ever heard of it. The town of trucks and bros, haha. Anywho, thanks so much for the reply. I'm glad I made a friend on here that is going through the same thing I am! As for the eucerin, I really want to try that as my body lotion now. I have been using Curel and it has a scent to it and I really don't want anything with a fragrance because it will most likely sting as the months progress and my skin becomes drier. I'm only on day 3 and I'm starting to feel the dryness in my face. grrrr. But thanks for telling me about it... I'll be sure to try it... and yea, if you ever have any questions for me too, I'm all ears. Thanks! <3

~M

Day 17 and wow, I was so tired last night I forgot to put the vasaline lotion on before bed, and wow, what a difference, I woke up with a painfully tight and dry face this morning, not to mention itching of the face, which I haven't had thus far...Not a good idea! I have had to start using Head and Shoulders dry scalp leave in soothing lotion for the few dry patch on my scalp...mainly ones right at the front of my hair line...Not too attractive! It works well and smells nice even, just put it in when its wet, and thats all! Doesn't make hair look dirty or feel greasy at all! That's all for today!

~Jessica

Day 18 and :naughty: NEVER EVER!!! use a nose strip or any type of face strip (for blackheads) when on Accutane. Yes, I am a smart girl, should have known better, but I guess I had a momentary lapse of judgment...now I look like rudolph and my nose burns all the time!! I used my face wash, the cetaphil, last night for the first time, and I like it, and a bonus it smells so clean! I did remember my vasaline lotion, but inbetween there was the nose strip, so the lotion burned...BAD!

I noticed this morning when I woke up, it hurt really bad to open my eyes and to keep them open, needed eye drops straight away...and my lips are hurting a little more everyday, but I keep my lips smothered in chapstick. Just thought I was share my embarrassing no no...lol to warn everyone else! lol My nose is still really red...embarrassing...I have classes today...lol :eh:

Thanks for reading...please comment with suggestions or just anything you feel you'd like to share! :razz:

~Jessica

Email Me!

Day 19

Woke up this morning with the worse just pain in my body all around. Feels like I am getting the flu, but of course I am not sick. I do not want to give up going to curves...but it hurts and make me feel old. Today the worst is my back, but I think that that is a combination of my poor excuse of a bed and that I just worked hard yesterday. My legs get that restless pain in them...and its always wither after curves or my ceramics class because I am 5'11 and my legs are too long for the tables they have there, and its not too comfy sitting there for three hours. My nose is super dry today, thanks to my little no no :naughty: night before last. Its gone kinda hard, and any day now the skin will just fall off....maybe thats a good thing...new skin...lol Thats all for today really...thanks for reading. :whistle:

~Jessica

hey chica,

just checking in on you. hope the achies are subsiding. lots of people rave about fish oil pills for joint aches, so you might try that... i'm a veggie so i can't comment from first hand experience, but hey... make sure you spend enough time stretching before and after, too. that's the only thing that really helps for me. did the pore strip at least get all the gunk out of your nose? my nose has FINALLY cleared out, but it took weeks and considerable assistance from my tweezers :shhh: my new thing is that i have 2395204967 little cuts on my right hand. GOD, i can't wait until this is over... hope your weekend is off to a good, clear start ;)

-emi

Day 22

Well, lol, my first month is almost over...I am going Monday to get my blood tests taken care of fun fun!! Yesterday I was on my feet all day taking care of yard work and baking 9 pumpkin rolls...yes, I know, its so past pumpkin anything season, but my sister wanted them so she could freeze them...apparently no one makes them like me! Well, 8 were for her, one was for me...lol :drool: I was expecting to wake up this morning very late and so sore...but actually I wasn't, so I was very glad about that. My eyes are increasingly getting angrier and angrier...but as long as I have my drops, it doesn't bother me for too long. My lips weren't bothering me too much at first, but now, if I go even five minutes without chapstick on them, they get almost like a pruny thing going on, but it hurts...burns really...like a sun burn. So I do my best to keep them coated with vasaline lip care or aveeno. I am taking a ceramics class and I've noticed that clay will suck every bit of moisture in your hand out...its greedy...lol So I am having to use my eucerin on my hands more than normal...or i've got almost literally white areas in between my fingers. I am still luckily relishing in the fact that I don't have an oily face 24/7! :D

Take Care All!!

~Jessica

Thank you very much Jimbomondo, I am hoping that your face doesn't get worse and that you can spare yourself from accutane! Good Luck! Thanks again!

~Jessica

It is exactly the same for me...if I don't have chapstick/aquaphor on my lips every five minutes, they prune up and it hurts! It doesn't so much as burn, but it feels like there is a layer of dried skin on top of what is supposed to really be there. haha... keep it up girly!

Hello again! Just stopping in to offer my 2 cents re: the questions you posted in my log. The flaky scalp seems to be under control, but I'm not sure what to suggest if you're anti-conditioner. I use Head & Shoulders shampoo, followed by Neutrogena daily deep conditioner, and then I use a Neutrogena leave-in conditioner daily (I only wash my hair twice a week now. I realize that sounds utterly disgusting but trust me, it's not. Even washing twice a week it's NEVER oily.) It's also possible that the flaky thing is a phase and it'll pass. I had a problem with hairline flakiness a few weeks ago, too, when that part of my face was pushing out a lot of sebum (like my nose). But once the majority of the hairline sebum plugs got thrust out, the flakiness seemed to subside. Even though I'm still breaking out, I think my face looks noticably better than it did during weeks 3-4 because it's not a flaky, sebum-purging circus anymore. All this to say, I suppose, hang in there!

Oh, and tell me about the achy eyes... Have you tried gel drops at night? I use GenTeal PM gel drops every night before bed. It's kind of like squirting vaseline in your eyes, and takes some getting used to. But it does seem to help. Don't get me wrong, my eyes still hurt like all hell, but I think I probably would have gouged them out by now if not for my elaborate eye drop regimen (GenTeal at night, Systane first thing in the morning and throughout the day if I'm at home with glasses on, Refresh for Contacts throughout the day if I'm out of the house with contacts in). Good luck!!!

Day 25

Went yesterday to have blood taken for tests because my appointment is on Monday. I woke up this morning with the worst back pain ever :cry: it hurts when I sneeze...its very sad. lol I still don't have any oil on my face...didn't wash it with face wash all day yesterday, only just used a hot washcloth and still at 9:27 am the next day, there is no oil...its strange. My face was never really itchy before, but I think since friday its starting to itch a tad...enough to become annoying becasue I had touching my face. My mother says its because I'm healing, but I think its just because its dry. I am starting to get, what feels like, a cyst on the bottom part of my ear lob right under where my earring is. I used to get them all the time, but actually this is the first I've had in about 5 or 6 months, its not quite painful to touch yet, which is good, but as it progresses I know that it will hurt, and of course its the side of my face that I sleep on...but we'll see what happens with it. Sometimes they get big and swollen and don't even do anything and then just go away. I am tired and cranky and I don't know if its because of the medicine...but my bladder is full...like painfully so...every half hour or hour...its crazy and not cool! Actually its annoying....Well...thats all thats really new...don't want to ramble...Take care and thanks for the replies!

~Jessica

Day 27

:( I am so tired. So now, not only am I tired, but I cannot sleep for the world! The first night, I thought it was just some weird thing...then the second night, I thought it was because I was getting a cold...yay me, well, I didn't sleep but two hours last night, and that was after I layed there and cried and in frustration of being so utterly exhausted. I think I am starting to hit that emotional time of the month, and it just hit me hard last night. I hurt all the time, I'm tired, I don't feel well, and all I wanted was sleep...and I literally bawled over that...I'm not embarrassed to admit it either...its not exactly like going through all of this is easy, and I am sure that more than one of you will agree with me. But alright, I am over that now.

One good thing. I have noticed my nose is very much starting to smooth and alot of the junk along with the dry skin from my no no ( :naughty: ) is going away. I actually woke up this morning with pretty good looking skin. It wasn't red, which is a miracle and a half for me, and my purple marks weren't so prominate. I am SO white though, lol its been forever since i've been able to be in the sun without fear that five minutes exposed to the sun will result in an even brighter red face and pain to accompany it!

I've given up on my lips...lol not only are they dry and hurting...lol but they have turned this aggrivated dark pink color all the time...makes me look like I am blushing with my lips. Granted, i've always had a darker color lips, but this is just insane...almost embarrassing... :redface: Its only been like that since yesterday, so maybe it won't last that long...fingers crossed! I have started to get headaches in the last week, which isn't normal for me, BUT, I am getting a cold, so I think it comes with that and not the accutane. I haven't gone to curves but once this week, which is shameful, but I just hurt, and its hard most of the days not to want to come home in between my classes and sleep! :doh: Think this is long enough, and about all the new updates...probably forgetting something...but can always come back. Take care!

~Jessica

Email Me!

yay for your nose and your skin improvement -- that's great news! i totally know what you mean with the fatigue. i used to run five miles a day and walk my dog another two or three, and now i can hardly roll out of bed. i think my body's just gonna get soft these next few months, and then i'll have to whip it back in shape. but in the meantime i'd really like it if my skin would f-ing clear up already. i don't want to be soft AND pimply. hope the improvements continue for you, chica!

Hello

I just dropped by to wish you good luck, I'm on accutane for 1 month too, side effects are sometimes painfull, but we have to just take it ;]

And after we finish our courses we shall celebrate like no one ever did.

Well, lets see...This should be day 32...but it's not. Its almost funny because as I've been reading everyone else's logs, they all have at least one post on how stupid everyone is when it comes to this. If its not the IPLEDGE place, its the derm, and if its not that, its the people at the labs...and I always felt so bad for those people because WHAT A HASSLE :shifty: Well, I went through problems with it all yesterday. I am only a day off becasue people are stupid, the other day, that is just because my day 30 was on a saturday, so couldn't get new prescription until Monday. First thing in the morning I called the doctors office to make sure that the blood test results had been faxed and that they had indeed done all three tests, because last time, even though the slip clearly said so, they didn't do the triglycerides. Well, they hadn't been faxes, just as they weren't last time. So, I call the lab at the Marine Base (because thats where my main doctor is and everything...) and they said they faxed them on the 7th...that he had a copy and everything, so, called the doctor back, she swears up and down she never got them. I ended up having to go pick of the results myself, hassle city, lol, but he showed me the copy of it being faxed to them...so people are stupid there...then after the appointment, I went to walmart to get it filled, because being in a dinky town, Walmart is the only pharmacy that works with the IPLEDGE. I was told it would take two hours, crazy, I know, but so I decided to wait, just do I didn't have to leave and come all the way back...so I waited 2 hours, just did a little shopping...lol bordem shopping if you till...all girls know what it is, lol Got some cute plants, but anyhow, they called my name to come to the pharmacy, and so I waited in line to pick it up for another half hour, and when I get to the window, she says they want me at the drop off window, have to wait another 15 mins at that line, and she tells me that the system won't let it go through because the blood tests haven't been verified...its nearly 6pm now my appointment was at 2:45pm. The derm specificly told me he was going to put it in the computer then and to pick it up that day since I already missed one day. Well, needless to say, I have to go today after 3pm to get it. I think its all very stupid. Just grr...sorry I bored you with that..on to what its really supposed to be about...

Yesterday I started using something new and I am not sure whether to have high hopes for it or not, so if any of you have used it, it would be great to have what you thought about it. Its called AcneFree Scar Eraser. It comes as a little set at Walmart or I guess Target...would know nothin bout no Target in this little hick town...lol Just kidding, well kinda, they are building one now. We don't have K-Mart either :( But anyhoo, its a two step process, first is the scar lotion, which is thick, kinda like a gel, and then second step is the oil free mosturizer with spf of 15 and vitamin E. They say you can use it in place of your daily mosturizer, but I still use my other, because I don't want to get flaky again...lol They say you should see results in 2 weeks, so we'll see. lol As far as anything new...don't have many new side effects...still hurt like heck and love my sleep lol I told the derm about the pain, and he said that if I tried to go off of Accutane a week and then start again, that helps with a handful of people, but I'm not wasting a week for this to be done just for a maybe...lol sorry, but he said to take mortin (IB Profen) because it can also help with any swelling that may be going on and being causing from accutane. I've already gone through my tube of Aveeno chapstick, it was awesome and I loved it, but when I went to get more, it was out...soo...I am trying the beeswax kind now, and its peppermint in it, and its awesome! Its almost a bit thicker, so i'm not smoothering my lips every five minutes...now its every ten or fifteen :cool:

OH! My dosage was upped...so now I am on 60mg a day...and what sucks, lol, is that I have to take 3 20mg at a time. As if I don't have enough pills to swallow a day, I have to have 2 more added..grrrr....double grrr!! I am so afraid everything is going to get worse and I haven't had any type of IB yet so I'm scared this will cause it...I'm such a baby, but its true! Okay, I've rambled enough, and if you made it this far you deserve an award! Thanks for reading and any suggestions of just feedback is always appreciated! Thanks!

~Jessica

Email Me!

I'm totally waiting for my award, because I just read that whole thing...ahaha, just kidding. But I did read it. Anyways, I can more than relate to the body soreness/pain and the fact that you're soooo tired, yet your body just won't let you fall asleep. It really is so frustrating being that tired and knowing you have things to do the next day and your body just won't let you rest. I cry about that all the time, so seriously you're not alone. As for the dry lips...ooooooh boy, mine are getting overly dry too. I hate having to put chapstick on every freaking 2 minutes. Even if you're only putting it on twice an hour, it really feels like a constant thing, like you're doing it 100 times. Not to mention the stares from people at work or around seeing you layer it on over and over again haha. Well anyway, I haven't been around in a few days, just wanted to stop in and say that I still read up on your progess!

~M

P.S. Target is the best store in the world. lol

Okay, well, I would like to just take a moment to present an award to MischaLatte for reading my entire last post *Hands A Nice Big Shiny Award Over* ........ Lmao :razz:

Okay, lol so, it has, as of today, it has been five days that I have been off of Accutane, people are no smarter today than they were last time I was on here to post. It was finally approved to be filled yesterday, BUT, they were out of the meds, so they had to be ordered. I was told IF I WAS LUCKY, they would be in today, if not, I would have to wait. I only have until the 18th to pick up the prescription or I'm screwed!

So, side effects...WHAT SIDE EFFECTS?! I have slept in the last 3 nights, better than I've slept in the last month. I can get out of bed without wanting to scream about the pain in my back. My knees don't twitch with pain, and the bones in feet don't hurt at all! My lips are not burning if I don't slick on the chapstick...but my eyes are still sore...but for those who wonder...as I must admit, I did, there is light at the end of the tunnel. We are not stuck tired and sore for the rest of our lifes. In the next few months we will have gorgeous skin (that anyone new we meet doesn't have to know was obtained through accutane) and we will be able to sleep 8 or 9 hours and not need naps! lol We might even be in the habit of using chapstick and always have nice soft lips! ;)

I am still however sad that I am now a week behind :cry: Hope that everyone is gaining progress! OH! I am still using the AcneFree Scar Eraser and let me tell you, if you have the problem like I do where your face is just red, like your complexion is uneven, in the 4 days i've been using it, mine has evened out and the redness has gone down so much! I am just looking forward to a few weeks and seeing improvment (if any) on the scars, especially the red ones...ekk! Take care!! :D

~Jessica

Email Me!

oh my god, reading about your decrease in side effects made me so unreasonably jealous and tempted to throw out the accutane. even though my side effects really have been manageable. they're just a pain in the ass. literally. and everywhere else. sorry to hear about the screwy pharmacy shit though -- i always feel like a nervous wreck until i have the meds in hand. ipledge owns my sanity...groan... anyway -- just stopping in to say hi and hope it's lookin up from here!

Okay, so....

Day 31

Today, or rather this evening, I was able to pick up my accutane...so yay for that! It just sucks I am now behind. My pills are brown instead of orange, lol, but I have to take 3-20mg at a time to get to 60mg...its a bit weird, and MAN do I have alot of packets...lmao I am not looking forward to getting back in the side effects, but anything for the name of clear skin I suppose! Its about 10:21pm here and I guess it time I head for bed...will kept all posted on new things! Take care and thanks for reading!

~Jessica

Day 34...or something like that... :shifty:

Hello, Its been 4 days on 60mg, and I itch... :cry: I need to get back into the habit of major moisturizer, and I won't lie and say that I have been, because that does no on any good. My hips are dry and itch and at night I just go crazy on them, most of the time breaking skin and adding pain to the itching. My face, right about the side of my chin towards the corner of my lips, its dry and its almost tight and a tad bit painful...I am no longer washing my face with the cleanser twice a day. As gentle as the cetaphil face wash may be, its not gentle enough to use twice a day for me. I am just using it in the morning, and then at night I just use a hot washcloth before I put the lotion on again. My face is never greasy or oily anyhow, so it doesn't do much harm if any...it actually helps. I am almost afraid to say this, but I am not having any joint or back pains! I am going to curves this afternoon though, so we'll see how I feel tomorrow :D I am, though, still tired. I burned my forhead with the stupid curling iron, so thats something nice and new for everyone to see. There is a smallish spot kinda like a light brown area where I fried my skin...it was bad lol Needless to say, won't be doing THAT anymore lol Of course, lips are as dry as normal and that's about it really...hope everyone is seeing improvement and that your weekends went well! Thanks for reading! Take care!!

~Jessica

Email Me!

p.s Am a week behind on posting pictures in the gallery, life has been busy...will try and post some ASAP :cool: