Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Testosterone

3 months left of Acuttane

I started my Accutane course on July, 12, 2006. I am still on it right now, but every month or so my dose has gone up. I was on 20 mg for a month, then 40mg for like 2 months and have been on 80mg for last 2 months or so.

Anyways, my doctor has no idea what shes doing she just perscribes it. I still have 3 full months, and am starting the new package this week. Should I just take 120mg a day and end it when it runs out. Or keep doing the 80mg until it runs out for another 3 months. Once again my doctor is clueless and doesn't know what to do, she's not a derm.

My face is pretty good, I usually have 1 or 2 pimples on it that go away fast and shit.

Anyways, should I take 80mg till it runs out or take 120mg till it runs out?

how much did the doctor tell you to take? or did she not tell you anything? how much do you weigh?

I weigh 170 lbs. And Im good on 80mg, but not sure if I should do the 120 since i have more.

my doc is a paediatrician that doesnt know shit about skin, but atleast she gave me accutane.

I started my Accutane course on July, 12, 2006. I am still on it right now, but every month or so my dose has gone up. I was on 20 mg for a month, then 40mg for like 2 months and have been on 80mg for last 2 months or so.

Anyways, my doctor has no idea what shes doing she just perscribes it. I still have 3 full months, and am starting the new package this week. Should I just take 120mg a day and end it when it runs out. Or keep doing the 80mg until it runs out for another 3 months. Once again my doctor is clueless and doesn't know what to do, she's not a derm.

My face is pretty good, I usually have 1 or 2 pimples on it that go away fast and shit.

Anyways, should I take 80mg till it runs out or take 120mg till it runs out?

120 mg/day is a lot, but you could also suggest that dosage *wink* and just take 60-80 a day for a longer period.

That may reduce the possible side effects with such a large daily dose.

I'm not saying this is necessarily a good idea, but one you could consider to get to the cumulative dose you need.